Undeniable (Cedric Diggory)

Start from the beginning

"I still don't know why you expect me to help you," I said with a frown as I approached the bed and started to rifle through the clothes on the bed.

"Because I value your opinion," he said with a cheeky smile, walking towards me and watching as I looked through his clothes.

"That is a lie." I cast a glance up into his face before looking back to the clothes. The clothes I'd approved of were promptly thrust into his arms. "And you know it."

"I always listen to your opinion," he responded, accepting the clothes from me. "Your opinion means a lot to me."

"Ok, that's a lie." I rolled my eye, shoving another jumper into his arms knowing just how cold Hogwarts could get. "You didn't exactly listen to my opinion when I told you not to volunteer for the tournament last year."

"But that all worked out in the end."

"You almost got yourself killed," I deadpanned, "Normally I just have to worry about mum and dad's lives, worrying about yours too wasn't a welcome addition."

"You worried about my life," he said sounding touched and I scoffed, pushing him away from me.

"Of course I did you bloody idiot - people have died in that tournament before."

"But I didn't."

"Well you almost did."

"But I didn't."

I shook my head, turning my attention away from him and back to the pile of clothes on the bed, "You're utterly hopeless."

**********

Once we had arrived at Hogwarts, I had settled back into the school routine and I had hoped that the nightmares would have stopped once I'd returned. But they hadn't. I'd resorted to sneaking back down into the common room once all of my dormmates had fallen asleep just in case I managed to wake them up because of my nightmares. That was the reason that I was curled up on one of the sofas in the common room in front of the fireplace, a book opened on my lap. I was trying to stave off the need to sleep.

The sound of the entrance to the common room opening echoed around the empty room and I looked to the entrance, rising to my feet at the sight of the man stood in the doorway. He shouldn't have been here.

"Cedric?" Quietly, I approached him as he looked around the common room, "What are you doing here? And how did you get in?"

"I answered the riddle, of course." He brought his eyes back to me, crossing his arms over his chest. "What are you doing still awake?"

"What are you doing in the Ravenclaw common room?" I threw back without answering his question.

"One of your friends came to find me," he explained, "She said you've been having nightmares that have been stopping you from sleeping. So naturally I grew concerned and came to see for myself."

"And what would you have done if someone saw you?" I raised an eyebrow.

"That's not what's important right now," he said with a shake of his head. "What have you been having nightmares about?"

"I don't really see how that's any of your business," I insisted. "Look Cedric, I don't even know why you're here but go before you get caught."

"I'm the head boy," he rolled his eyes, "What's the worst that could happen?"

"One day that big head of yours is going to get you in trouble," I muttered. "Can you not just leave already?"

"Why should I? I'm not leaving until I accomplish what I came here to do."