Chapter 3

The week goes on impeccably slow and extraordinarily fast at the same time. The comment from Harry has been scarred on my mind, and his presence alone has irritated me. I have moved seats from him along with Liam, to ignore Harry. I have been eating my lunch in my dorm; I was going all out to avoid Harry. I didn’t know why I tried to talk to him; he was rude, annoying, and cocky and drove me literally insane. I studied, do my homework in advance, read a classic, write a letter once in a while, and slept. I have continued my routine like this through out the week, for all those people who said twelfth grade is supposed to be the best year of your life can go jump off a cliff. It was currently Friday the dean has let us out all early today for the three day weekend because of President’s Day. I texted Bethany and Seth that I was going to be out, and it wasn’t an actual lie I was going to be out in the library. I haven’t seem them in a while and I have actually grown to miss them even when I was in completing my tenth grade and they were in twelfth they still visited me every weekend and face timed me every day. Its surprising even if we were in the same school we barely saw each other because of our courses and the fact they live in the frat houses which is a place I am never in a million years stepping inside of. I was beginning to miss them annoyingness and all and even their stupid athletic ways. “Hey, where were you?” Becky says while closing the door. “Umm... here” I say questioningly because I haven’t left the dorm this whole week unless to go to the school’s library. “Oh, gosh I haven’t seen you all week I thought you left or you were dead” Becky says giggling. “So you know how it’s a three day weekend, so a couple of friends and I are going to the lake. There is a cabin there so we can stay their, we are going to drive their today spend Friday night, whole of Saturday and Sunday, and leave on Monday. So do you want to come with us?” Becky asks. I am surprised I didn’t think Becky would like me hanging out with her I didn’t seem like her… type. I am considering my options if I go then if Bethany asks where I went I can give her a solid answer but if I go I will probably stick out like a sore thumb among her abnormally hair-dyed friends. “Pretty please, come on it will be fun!” Becky begs. “Even if I did go I would have no clothes to wear and I haven’t even started to pack” I say making a lame excuse. “I will help you pack. You can barrow one of my swim suits or take an overly large t-shirt” she says. She makes this another option because she knows very well I wasn’t going to wear her swimsuits. If her clothes already looked breezy I couldn’t imagine what her swimsuits looked like. I am caught I have no other excuses but I feel that if I were to refuse she would think I am ungrateful. I sigh and agree, “fine” I say. “Yay,” Becky squeals.

I have a small duffel bag packed with all my stuff. I have about five outfits for some back-ups. A few overly large t-shirts, a big bottle of sun block, my hair brush. Right now I am wearing a navy sheer top tucked into white shorts. Despite the fact that I hate wearing clothes that don’t cover me up fully, I know that wearing jeans would feel sticky and uncomfortable in the car drive. Becky and I step out and begin crossing our way to the car, “hey so who is driving?” I ask Becky. “One of my friends” Becky says simply. “Oh, who are we going with” I ask Becky. “You already met them” Becky says. “What, no I haven’t” I say getting alarmed. “Yea you have we are going with Zayn, Louis, Kristy, and Harry oh and Harry is driving” Becky says. “What, you never told me we were going with them” I shout. “I thought you knew, I did say couple of friends” Becky says. “You didn’t clarify” I defend myself. “Well you should have asked” Becky says. I sigh she was right it was my fault I didn’t ask where we were going or who we were going with, “I’m sorry, you’re right” I say. “Its alright, do you still want to come?” Becky asks a little softer. I know if I say I do not want to come I will surely hurt her feeling, so I reluctantly nod my head. “There they are” Becky says pointing to her friends. Harry is leaning on the front door his eyes covered in sunglasses like mine. I notice his car has bucket seat so three people can sit in the front while three in the back. We make our way over and Becky says “ok so Aria and Zayn will sit in the front because Aria has the least amount of stuff and Zayn knows the way” Becky says. I keep my mouth shut I don’t want to refuse because I will cause a scene. Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad I was going to sit next to Zayn he didn’t seem annoying in fact he seemed kind of cool with a his quirky tattoos. Harry smirks and gets in the driver side, Zayn smiles and opens the door for me. Ughh, why did the one time someone tries to act like a gentlemen back fires me. I go inside and sit next to Harry leaving about two inches of space between us. Zayn gets in I know I have to move in or else he will practically fall out of the car. I sigh and scoot in closer to Harry. From the corner of my eyes, I see his eyes are twinkling with humor through his black sunglasses. “How long I the drive” I ask. “Three hours” Zayn says. I internally groan and try not to think what is coming ahead.