Chapter 3

"She's okay. I made sure to get her back to your friend.", I heard him say. He must have seen me panicking and searching for her...It wasn't like I was being subtle or anything...
          I breathed a sigh of relief. But panic wasn't far away, I hadn't forgotten that I was kidnapped. I was in denial. Atleast I was trying my best to be. Wouldn't it be better to not think about it than thinking of all the possible ways I was going to die? Like, maybe he would rape me...or he would sell my body parts...or rape me, and then sell my body parts!
            The denial sure didn't last long. My stomach started clenching in anxiety, and my breaths came out shallow. I tried to distract myself by wondering why there had to be physical reactions to a purely mental emotion...but that didn't work.
            I noticed him staring at me through to mirror, not in a creepy way, but as though he was checking up on me.
           My arms that had no feeling in them started feeling strange, like ants had crawled up my skin, and like they would pop out of their sockets right now...not a pleasant feeling,that... It was damn painful. I squirmed, pulling myself up to try to relieve the pain, but that only increased it. I bit my lip to keep from gasping, and my eyes watered.
           Suddenly, the car pulled to a stop in the middle of the road. I looked at him, and then looked behind wondering how the cars behind us would go ahead...but there weren't any. The road was deserted, and it looked like it had never been used before. Is that a bone over there...? oh, no...its just a white paper cup...but even it was covered with something greenish-brown and gooey, it was revolting.
           The door behind me opened, and I fell back. Excruciating pain shot up the joints in my upper arms as they tried in vain to hold me onto my seat, and I panted with the effort. But soon I felt a torso supporting my back as hands came up to untie the rope on my wrists.
          "If you get out of this car, it wont be of any use. Its a 40 minute drive until you find anyone who can help you, and I will find you before you can.", he stated plainly.
           The rope came off and my hands fell limply to my sides, but not before making a cracking sound and this time the pain was so awful, I jerked, and involuntarily let out a cry. My back arched as I tried to suppress the pain in my arms, but that made my back ache worse. My kidnappers arms supported me as I tried to get some semblance of control over myself.
           Then I twisted out of his almost-embrace and made myself as comfortable as I could with my spine feeling as though broken in a half.
          He watched as I moaned and rubbed my wrists trying to will the blisters away. "Does it burn?", he asked.
         I sent him a dirty look and said, "No, I'm just doing this because I've seen prisoners do it in movies after being released.". Holy crap, what was I trying to achieve by mocking him?! To hell with Woman empowerment, I had to look after my well-being right now; I couldn't afford to be proud.
          Lucky for me, he just raised an eyebrow and said, "Feisty, are we?", and walked back to his drivers side.
         For the next half an hour I kept a watch outside for signs as to where we were going, but all I could see were trees. The few metal boards that we passed were too old for me to actually make out what was written. Eventually, my back started to bug me even more, so I laid myself down, curling up on my side, and watched him drive, trying to make out what sort of a person this man was.
         After going over the possibility of him being a mafia Don to him looking like a badass criminal lawyer my thoughts started drifting. As my eyes drooped, I thought that he looked nice enough to be a hot, stay at home dad. That's when I decided I was too tired to think straight, so I gave in to my sleep.