Chapter Twenty Two

Start from the beginning

His arms automatically went around my waist, tightening a little. Blake wouldn’t do that right?

“Ryder do you want to be-” I was cut off mid sentence by a deep snarl coming from within the trees. Ryder immediately pushed me a little bit behind him, I could see his eyes deepening as he growled back. Another snarl came from my left, making me look there, but all I could was a blur. Then another growl came from the opposite direction. By this time I was back to back with Ryder, I could hear him growling, challenging the wolves to come forth.

“Rogues” he spat and I knew that it wasn’t the good ones. I reached for the pocket knife inside my bag and held it. I was ready. As if reading my mind the wolves jumped out from the shadows. There were three of them, each surrounded us. I could hear my heart go thump. However, I swallowed my fear; this was a fight I wouldn’t say no to.

The wolves looked at us, as if they were smirking. Two of them were a light brown while one of them was a grey. The grey wolf looked like the leader, except he didn’t look quite like an alpha, maybe he was the beta.

Suddenly, the three wolves leaped at us, and Ryder shifted immediately into his black like death wolf.  Two of the wolves were fighting Ryder, but the grey one seemed to be interested in me. Time to put my fighting skills to test. I ran to the wolf, my knife ready to strike. It pounced at me, tackling me to the floor. It landed on top of me, baring its sharp teeth. The wolf growled at me, but I didn’t cower. Gone were the days when I let fear take control of me, I growled back at it. The wolf looked surprised letting his guard down, I smirked and struck my knife into him, pushing him off me.

The wolf whimpered in pain, but it still didn’t fall. It ran full speed towards me, scratching me in the arms. I hissed in pain, staring at the claw marks on my arm. I looked back at the wolf that looked smug. Ok, the stomach didn’t work, I’ll go for the legs. I ran from the wolf. I could hear his paws pound against the earth as he tried to catch me. Then I stopped. I turned around and could see the wolf running towards me. I clutched my knife to my chest, it’s either do or die. The wolf was already running so seeing that I stopped it couldn’t, and instead jumped. I could hear my heart pumping in my ears as I quickly ducked and threw my knife into his leg. The rogue slammed to the ground, whimpering in pain. I limped over to the wolf, the wound in my leg paining me. I didn’t realise I even injured myself there. The wolf was still alive and breathing, but to injured to do anything. It looked me in the eye as I bent down next to it. His eyes mocked me; he wanted to see if I could kill him. I pulled the knife out of his leg, seeing the spark of pain flash through his eyes. I held the bloody knife, contemplating on whether or not I should kill him.

After a few seconds, I decided it would be better if I didn’t. We could receive some information, if I killed the rogue, we wouldn’t.

“You ok?” A voice said startling me. I looked behind and saw Ryder in only a pair of shorts, standing there. His hair was dishevelled and there were some scars his chest and blood staining the corner of his lips.

“I should say the same to you” I replied wincing as I stood up. Ryder looked concerned but I held my hand up to say that I was alright.

“Where did you get the shorts?” I asked him, looking anywhere but his body. It was quite awkward to see him with barely any clothes, but I kept my cool, or at least I think.

“My beta brought them” Ryder wiped some of the blood of his lips. It was definitely not easy to fight a werewolf, but I’m quite proud I defeated one, even though it’s still alive. I looked back at the rogue, who was now unconscious and in its human form, a naked human form I should mention. I awkwardly looked away from it and back to Ryder.