Chp::2--New Life in a New Empire

" We're here..." he stated and opened the carriage door

You realized that you had already arrived at Kou's palace. A new life will begin at this very moment. You don't know what to do and even think about things by now. Your whole life is just about to change. Anyways, you stood up and walked towards the door, where Kouha gladly opened for you to pass.

" After you..." he greeted and motioned you to pass

Instead of thanking him, you just scoofed meanly and walked out. Seriously? You can't deny him for being a gentleman. At first sight, you thought he was some berserk and spoiled kid but right now, you can see him as a man.

" What's the matter with her? " he grumbled as he too, walked out after you

Your eyes trailed at the surroundings. There, you saw Kou's squadron lined up at the sides.If you are not mistaken, there are about 20,000 of them. There are a few nobles at the other side of the place, standing before the palace. The attendants motioned you to follow the prince, who walked towards the nobles. He walked pass the soldiers which bowed at him from side to side.

You had no choice but to follow. You trailed quickly from behind until you had reached the prince. You noticed him stop and so you did the same. He courtsied ' Kou Empire Style' in respect to the nobles. They did the same to him as greetings. You also realized that the attendants who followed you from behind also bowed down.

It would be very disrespectful of you if you don't follow them. Instead of using their traditional courtsey, you just bowed slightly as a sign of respect.

" I suppose that you had finished your given task Kouha " the red haired man with minimal facial beard said

" I haven't conquered the (n/e) Empire. But, I brought someone who could greatly help our Army. " the pink haired prince responded as he grabbed you by the wrist " Here she is..."

He pulled you close to the nobles who took a closer look at you. It was a bit awkward for you so you just tilted your head back down.

" I see..." Kouen paused " Young lady, can you tell us about yourself? "

" Y-yeah..." you snapped back to reality

As you were about to begin, the voice of a black haired lady echoed.

" Wouldn't it be nice if you continue this inside with some tea? " she said

The said lady was the Emperor's wife, Ren Gyokuen. She had long black hair and soft, feminine features. At first, you could say that she was a gentle and kind woman but there was something weird about her. You could sense something different from her but you still don't know what was it.

" Very well..." Kouen responded and all of you went inside.

The nobles from earlier, namely Kouen, Koumei, Kougyoku, Hakuei, Hakuryuu and Kouha went to the palace's Tea Room, where you would continue your meeting.