Chapter 9

They made out, and he held her tightly. She was out of breath. Sam had never felt anything like this before. Running a hand through his hair, she messed it up. He smiled. "You have a good figure. You can't tell because you always cover it up with sweaters and baggy shirts." She could feel her face getting hot. That was random. "Oh I didn't mean to embarrass you," Will said. "Its fine," she said. In truth she was flattered because she was very insecure about her body, but she wasn't about to say that.

"What's on you arm?" he asked, then. "Nothing," Sam said, moving her arm out of the way. "No, I sall something," he said, grabbing her arm. "What did this?" he said, reffering to all the cuts down her rists and forearm. Gosh. "I did that," she said. "Oh," he said, sounding sad. He leaned down and kissed every scar. "I'm so sorry," Will said. She shrugged, "Don't be. It's not your fault.. It's mine."

"Ok, ok," he paused, "I can't believe, I've liked you for a while and now.." "I like you too," Sam finished. He smiled, "Yeah." She held his face in her hands, "Wow. This happened so fast, and you already mean so much to me. You're another reason to stay alive." It sounded cheesy out loud, but it was true.

"Hey I have an idea," Will said, his face lighting up. "Let's ditch classes and spend the day together." She smiled, "I'd like that." The pair stands up, and Sam puts her shirt back on. Will smirks, "Oh I thought you were going to go out into society with it off." They both laugh. He grabs her hand and leads her pasts the bathrooms and down a long hallway to a glass door. "I've done it a dozen times. This door is never guarded." She pushed the door open with her free hand, and instantly an obnoxious beeping started to sound. She abruptly slammed the door closed.

"Run," Will said. Sam shook her head, she should have just forged a note to check them out, but it was to late now. We run to the parking lot, the swirling wind blowing at our backs. Adrenaline builds up inside of her somewhat. This was a new experience for her, she had ditched school plenty of times, but she had never snuck out. Will has done this before? That's so cool, she couldn't imagine why he would like her.

He unlocks his car and they get in. "What now?" She asks. He shrugs, and starts his car, "The library, park, mall, I dunno." Will drives past the school and down the highway. "It's up to you," he adds. She ends up deciding on the mall. Will turns on the radio, and they listen to music on the drive there. Sam leans her chair back and smiles. This was much better then her usual boring school day.

It was so weird how her life changed drastically, in just a day. And it was just because of one boy. Will was still a mystery to her and she was looking forward to spending more time with him. Just think if she would have ended it all yesterday, she wouldnt get to experience this. Sam let out a dark laugh. Will seemed to be zoned out but he randomly burst, "This music is garbage," and he turns off the radio.

Then, Will started talking to himself. It was all very amusing. She could here him mutter, "The girl you've had a crush on for who the hell knows how long is sitting right beside you, and you don't even know how to strike up a conversation? You such an idiot." After that she could only make out incoherent curses.

She let out a laugh, why was this so funny? He stopped the car at a stop sign and she had to think fast. Sam quickly grabbed his face, and kissed him. He tasted like cinnamon. They got a little carried away and the car behind them honked. Sam transitioned back to her seat, and Will gave a pouty face. He started driving again, but his focus was still on her. "Was was that for?" he asks. She shrugged, "Your just cute. And weird, we're both really weird. I like that."

There was a short stretch of silence, because neither of them knew what to say. Sam finally spoke up, "So.. are you my boyfriend now?" Will looks at me, "Oh shit. I didn't think about that. I honestly didn't think I'd make it this far.