Chapter 3

** Arriving at Durmstrang **

The travel was shorter than I expected, seeming to last only a few hours, though, it was clearly more based on the time. When we arrived at Durmstrang, it was early morning, and when we'd left Hogwarts, it was only early afternoon. Still in our Hogwarts robes, one of the first things to do was get us Durmstrang uniforms. Draco, Krum, and I followed Karkaroff into the Durmstrang castle, and towards what was Karkaroff's office. Through the hallway, I could hear the sound of people talking, some were in doorways to what I assumed were their dormitories.

"A lot of us wake early here" Krum said to me when he saw me looking around confused. The sun was just barely rising when we arrived.

"Why's that?" I asked as we fell behind because Viktor wanted to introduce me to his dorm-mate, who he called by his last name, Dolohov.

"Most of us like to go out and fly when its not winter, or just hang out outside with friends" Viktor explained to me after he introduced me to Dolohov.

I nodded, thinking of the idea and how different it was from back at Hogwarts. At Hogwarts, most of us just slept until breakfast was about to start. But here? Most of the students wake up when the sun's just barely risen. We arrived in Karkaroffs office a few moments after Draco and Karkaroff himself. Ignoring our late appearance, Karkaroff pulled out a uniform for Draco, one that looked like Viktor's. He then went across the room and took out a more feminine version of the typical Durmstrang uniform. At least I wouldn't be wearing a guys uniform.

"Viktor, if you cold show these two to their rooms" Karkaroff said more than asked of him.

Krum nodded and we made out way out of Karkaroff's office. Down the hallway, he showed Draco into a room that had two other students. The rooms were fairly large, probably because the larger studentship the school had compared to Hogwarts. The room basically was a 'three in one,' rather than it being three separate rooms, it was three rooms joined by a common area in the centre. It was basically like the dormitories back at Hogwarts, except bigger, and there were many of them rather than just one big dormitory.

"There's not specifically girls rooms here, I'm sure you know.." Viktor said to me, "but Karkaroff has made one of the dormitory rooms to have a separate area for you."

"So, like the dormitory Draco is staying in, except not entirely open?" I asked as we turned down a hallway.

He nodded, "exactly, and good for you, you won't be sharing a room with complete strangers like Draco" he finished as he opened the door to the place Dolohov was standing outside of earlier. "This is the room I share with Doloov" he said, "and as you can see, you've got your private room there" Krum nodded towards the separate room.