Chapter 8: Awaken

Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters
Chapter 8: Awaken

Percy's point of view:

Luke should motionless and proud above us. He had his men surround us, I thought to myself that no matter what I won't give him the Fleece there would be more damage done.

"Nice work. I really appreciate it." says Luke. He looks down at the Fleece "I'll take that."
I look down at the Fleece in my hand and look back up at Luke "I don't think so."
"Suit yourself." he replies

He turns around and grabs on of the bows and shoots. I look down at where the arrow would have hit. There was nothing there instead the arrow was in Tyson chest right below his heart. He looks up at me and steps back losing his balance "You'd do it for me." is all he says before falling back.

I drop the Fleece and run after him and try to catch him but he falls to fast and I watch him fall down to his death in the river below.
I grip the side of the rock and try to catch my breath. I can't instead I try to hide the pain and tears that is forming. I take slow breaths and breath in and out but it's not helping much.
I sit back on my feet and keeps staring at the empty water were Tyson fell.

"Just remember, it didn't have to end this way. This one's on you." Luke say not far behind me. I turn around to face him but my face finds Allison. One of the crew grips her arms but she stands next to Luke.

She doesn't pay attention to him but only on me. Luke turns to Allison "Why choose them?" he ask
Allison looks at him "Because you left and so did everyone else after Thalia died. You went on to planing revenge on the gods and hating your father. You never even released."

Luke turns away and then back around again "Released what?" he ask

He's not the only one in the room confused Annabeth gives her the same look Luke has.
Allison looks down on the ground "Thalia and I had a secret and I promised I would say anything and I'm not."

Luke grabs hands her arms and pushed her forward.

The rest of the crew push back out to the main part of the amusement park and tied up with a rope around the bottom of a wooden roller-coaster.

They place Kronos coffin on a wooden plate form in the center of the open area. I watch Allison stand near Luke with her hands tied behind her back.

Luke must really like her for him to risk her being next to him and ruining his plan.
Luke comes closer to us dragging along Allison. "You should consider yourselves lucky. This has been millennia in the making. And you all get to see it."
Luke turns around to face Allison
"You used to be one of us!" screams Annabeth.
Luke turns to face us "And then I woke up. Oh by the way Percy thanks for Allison."

I flinch at the sound of her name. He walks up closer to her and she pulls away "No,no!" she screams trying to get away.

I felt useless like I could help her, that some how I was hurting her.
Luke pulls her way and heads towards Kronos.

Annabeth turns to me "Percy, if Kronos comes back, that's it. Game over."
I could think about Kronos right now only Allison and Tyson the two people I love dead or hurting.
"Percy" says Annabeth

"I never called him "brother" All he ever wanted, was a brother, but I was too wrapped up in myself. And now Luke has the Fleece and Allison because I gave it to him. I destroyed Olympus, just like the Oracle said."

Annabeth opened her mouth and faces me "Forget the Oracle! You're worried about your destiny? Then write a new one. You're angry at Poseidon for ignoring you? The show him why he shouldn't. You're upset about Tyson? Then make sure he didn't die for nothing. And for Allison, be her hero."