Misunderstandings °Part 2°-DougxFrey

"I mean, come on! Do I look gay to you?!" The dwarve hissed at her. The green-haired female gave a laugh.

"Well,uh, actually--" Doug's eyebrow twitched. "That was a rhetorical question,Frey, therefore it does not need an answer, thank you very much."
"Oh, ah...I k-knew that!" she exclaimed, fidgeting with the white gloves she wore. Doug narrowed his eyes at her.

"Why in the world do I feel like you did something that would make me upset?" he deadpanned.
"W-why indeed...?" she gave a nervous giggle and took a few steps back. " Oh, well would you look at the time! I need to go water my --"

"Frey..." he gave the princess a hard look.
"Please don't be angry with me!" Frey had burst into tears. The red-haired dwarf jumped out her sudden outburst.
Leaving the counter, he enveloped Frey into an awkward hug.

He awkwardly stroked her head with his hand and whispered some comforting words into her ear. Finally, after her endless waterfall of tears had stopped, she looked at Doug, sniffling.

"I-if I tell you, do you promise not to get mad?" " Well, if it's something so big of a deal that made you burst into tears upon telling me, then shouldn't I be allowed to get ma--"

Once again, the green haired earth-mate had burst into tears, this time louder than ever before.
"F-Frey--Crap--! Okay, okay! I promise not to get mad! Just please stop crying already!"

Frey's crying had instantly come to an abrupt halt.
" Alright...well...this all started yesterday..."

After the earth-mate had seen the incident with Doug and Dylas, she started searching for something in order to make herself forget what she had seen and heard. While walking in the Selphia Town Square, she had not noticed the grey-haired butler walking in front of her. Bumping into a hard surface, she looked up to see the charming Vishnal staring down at her with wide eyes.
" Oh! I'm so sorry for bumping into you, Vishnal! Are you alright?!" The gentlemanly male shook his head and grabbed Frey's hand. "Princess! Do not worry about me, for I was not hurt in the slightest! Pardon of me for asking but, are you alright you seem a bit sad... I'm extremely worried about your wellness."he said in a frown.

" I guess I'm not that good of an actress then, huh?" she forced a smile at him.
" Thank you for worrying about me Vishnal. I am honestly touched."

" No need,Princess! It is what butlers are for! Now... What seems to be the matter?"

"Well, earlier today..."

She then proceeded to tell Vishnal what she had witnessed.
"N-NO WAY!!! DOUG A-AND--?!"

The princess place a hand on his mouth,successfully shushing him.

"Please not so loud Vishnal!"
she whispered to him. The said butler gently pried her hand off his mouth with an embarrassed blush.
"M-my apologies, Princess..."he replied. "I was just too surprised...!" that's all right, Vishnal. It was surprising to me at first as well."
"What was surprising?"
asked a curious voice from behind them. The two of them turned around. Standing in front of them was the polite, book-loving male, Kiel.

"Kiel!" Vishnal called in surprise.
"When did you get here?"

"Oh? I just arrived. Why? Something wrong?" Vishnal turned to look at Frey, then he turned back to Kiel.
"Well, yes...we were speaking in private..." He told him softly. Kiel smiled at them
"Secrets, hmm? Can I be in on this as well?" he asked innocently.
Vishnal glanced at Frey nervously.
"Well...y-you aren't the most secretive person, Kiel...and that's a problem because--"
Kiel had a hurt expression.
"What do you mean I'm not a secretive person? I still haven't told anyone that you have a secret desire to touch Frey's hair--" In an instant, Vishnal clamped his hands over Frey's ears.
"♩I feel pretty, I feel pretty♩" Vishnal sang horribly in an effort to drown out Kiel's words.
Kiel's eyes widened. "Oops!" Frey gently pried the butler's hands off of her ears.
"If you're worried I heard your secret, don't be. I was lost in thought until you covered my ears."
Vishnal's face turned bright red.
"O-oh...okay..."
The green-haired female turned back to the sandy blonde. "Okay, we'll tell you...but you need to keep it a secret, promise?"
Kiel crossed his fingers behind his back.
"I promise!" he told her with an innocent smile.

" So... Let me get this straight. You told Vishnal who was overheard by Kiel, who told Forte, who told Margaret, who told Clorica, who told Dolce, who told Amber, who told Nancy,who told Jones who told Arthur, who told Illuminata, who told Leon, who told Porcoline, who told Blossom, who told Bado, who told Raven, who told Barrett?!"

"I said I was sorry!" Frey cried. "And you promised me that you wouldn't get m--"

The green-haired female was cut off by a pair of warm lips. After a few seconds, Doug finally pulled back, his face tomato red. "It was all a bunch of misunderstandings...I asked Dylas for help so I could confess my feelings to you...that was why you heard me 'confessing' to Dylas."

Frey stood glued to the ground.
"W-wha--but you--!" The female was cut off as Doug gently pushed her out the door.
"Now in order for you to be forgiven, you need to go out there and tell every single one of them that it was all just a crazy misunderstanding, alright?"

Suddenly, the door burst open with an angry-looking Dylas. "PEBBLE-BRAIN!  THAT'S THE LAST TIME I EVER HELP YOU WITH YOUR STUPID PROBLEMS!"

As Frey stepped out, she saw a crowd of townspeople surrounding someone. Getting closer for a better look, she saw Kiel with the most terrified look on his face. "The end is coming! Dylas actually  wanted to help Doug with his and I quote: " stupid problems!"

Now this could not be a misunderstanding.

°•Fin•°