"We don't have anything to do. There is no we. I don't care about The Five and I don't care about you." She told him.

"As you wish." He left with a smile on his face and Alex rolled her eyes at him, following after him with a Jenna behind her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex POV

"Looks like I'll have to beef up the hybrid security detail." Klaus commented as we felt Stefan's presence in the room. Connor was still chained up against the board, his shirt off for some weird reason I would never know. I turned as Stefan walks out from the shadows.

"Your hybrids are stupid Nik." Jenna told him and he glared playfully at her.

"I was gonna take him, but I figured you went through such trouble to truss him up in your red room of pain." Stefan told us and Klaus grinned.

"It's from the Inquisition. I thought it was a nice touch."

"What'd you get out of him?" Stefan asked, going straight to business and I shrug.

"Not enough. He's mum about the Council fire and he's not saying anything about this greater evil we're all supposed to be shivering over. What brings you snooping?" I ask with a smirk and he glances at me.

"Well, I can't say it in front of him. As I'm sure you've figured out, our friend here can't be compelled." Stefan told us and Klaus turned to Connor.

"You're full of mysteries, aren't you?" he asked.

"I told you, I don't know anything." Connor said for the millionth time and Klaus smiled.

"Thankfully, we know plenty." He told him, referring to himself and me. Klaus walks out the room and gestures the rest of us to follow. "Shall we?" he asks and Stefan stares at Connor for a few more seconds before following Klaus out. I shut the doors to his little prison as Klaus talks to Stefan. "So, what's with the home invasion?"

"Damon said you two knew something about this guy. Now, I should have figured out that you were up to something when you healed Elena from the werewolf poison without asking for anything in return." Stefan explained and Klaus smirked.

"I was feeling benevolent." He announced and Jenna scoffed.

"You're never benevolent. Who is this guy? What's the Five?" She asked, another person who we now have to tell.

"So many questions."

"It's a good thing I have nothing to do today, except get answers out of you." Stefan said as he sits down on the chair, Jenna following suit as they wait for us to tell them the story. I share a look with Klaus and he sighs, walking further into the room.

"Fine. You might actually be useful in persuading my sister to cooperate." He said. "The brotherhood of the Five was a group of highly skilled vampire hunters. We crossed paths with them in the 12th century Italy."

Flashback - Italy 1114

"My siblings and I had followed the Normans as they conquered the South. Feeding, turning people as we went."

Klaus, Elijah and I walked down the path to the towns square, there was a man on stage demonstrating something that was probably not important, he was probably crazy. Most people are when they go on that stage. It wasn't until I saw the several men staked to a pole to realize that this was serious and was about Vampires.

"These demons live among you. Passing as human." He announces as he walks the stage.

"But with the bloodshed came exposure."