Chapter 51

3rd POV

Alex sat with Nik and Jenna at the bar in the Mystic Grill, after Alex and Nik learned that the five returned they decided to ask the one person who knows them the most

Alex sat with Nik and Jenna at the bar in the Mystic Grill, after Alex and Nik learned that the five returned they decided to ask the one person who knows them the most. Rebekah. It was weird for Alex sitting in the middle of the three, one vampire, one hybrid and one tribrid. There probably a joke somewhere along the lines of the three at the bar but she didn't take no notice seeing as Jenna and Nik started their early drinking. Matt was cleaning the counter when Rebekah entered, putting keys onto it.

"What's that?" Matt asked as he looked at her with a glare on his face.

"The key to your new truck. It's parked outside, paid for, insured, everything but a big red bow." Rebekah answered with a smile and he scoffed.

"If that's your idea of an apology, you should probably give it to Elena. She's the one that you killed." He left her there with a frown on her face and Alex felt sorry for her. Rebekah felt people staring at her and she looked at the end of the bar to see the Klaus, Jenna and Alex. Klaus of course had a smirk on his face while Alex was smiling at her with sympathy.

 Klaus of course had a smirk on his face while Alex was smiling at her with sympathy

"You're trying too hard." He commented and Rebekah looks away for a second before looking back at him.

"Last I heard you were leaving town, forever." She replied and he shrugged.

"Well I was but then I thought to myself how can I when my sister, clearly so desperate for love and affection, is left here bribing the help." He mocked as he got out of his seat and made his way towards you.

"What do you want Nik? I thought I was dead to you." She asked and he smirked.

"Things change Rebekah. I've stumbled upon something I think might be of interest to you."

"Doubt that." Alex stood up, going round the bar until she stood next to Klaus.

"Well, what if I told you the brotherhood of The Five still existed." Alex told her and her head snapped round.

"What?" Shocked at the sudden news and Klaus nodded.

"You see, and like that bygones. Come on love, work to do." He said and Alex shook her head, knowing that wasn't the best thing to do when Rebekah was still mad at him.