Big Brother Gabe

When we got home, we all decided to have another sleepover, this time with the girls too. Cassidy and Alex drove home to get their things, then went to each of the guys' houses to get overnight stuff for them. While they were gone, I went back to the roof, bringing my phone and earbuds with me this time. As I listened to Secondhand Serenade's Fall for You, I took in the California air. A lot has happened in the past month. I moved here, met awesome friends, found two guys that love me. I didn't know who to choose yet, but I didn't want to think about that. I decided that the roof was my no drama zone. Here, I could block out any thoughts I needed to and just focus on being happy.
I thought of positive things. Hanging out with the guys. Cassidy and Alex taking me under their wings, Gabe treating me like a little sister. I didn't talk to him much, but when I did, it was always really nice. He treated me like an equal, while still recognizing that he was older and felt obligated to look after me. All of the guys wanted to protect me, given what I've been through, but Gabe and Cole were definitely the most protective. The only difference was that Cole was much more vocal about it than Gabe.
Speak of the Batman. My phone buzzed, showing a text from Gabe.
From: Batman
Hey. You okay? Where are you?

I smiled at his friendly little text. He wasn't trying to pry or make a big deal of checking on me. He was being selflessly concerned. I typed back:
To: Batman
Hello there. I'm better, thanks. I'm hanging on the roof (don't tell Will, he'll go nuts).
From: Batman
Just checking. Do you want some company? If not, that's cool, I just hate leaving you alone all the time. (And don't worry, your secret's safe with me.)
To: Batman
Thanks for checking. If you want to come up, you can, but you don't have to. (Haha thanks, bro.)
From: Batman
Anytime, Robin. On my way up :)

I laughed at Gabe's eccentricity, putting my phone back into my pocket. A few minutes later, I heard my window open, and Gabe calling me. I slid to the edge of the roof and smiled down at him.
"Come on up, Batman," I laughed.
Gabe smirked, grabbing the edge of the roof and jumping up. He really did look like Batman when he did that.
"Hey, Robin," he said, nudging my side. "How you holding up?"
I sighed. "Better than I was earlier. Why is it that both of my love interests are amazing?"
"Well, you attract weirdos, I'm not going to lie," Gabe laughed. "But they're both really into you, I can tell."
"That's the problem! I'm into both of them too!"
Gabe patted my arm. "You don't have to choose."
   "That's what Will said. But I know I'll have to eventually."
   "No, you won't, Luna. If they really like you, they'll wait as long as you need them to. They don't control you, and they can't demand an answer if you don't want to give one. Even if you do decide, you don't have to tell them. It's your decision."
   "Thanks, Gabe. But who do you think I should end up with?"
   Gabe smiled. "I think that's up to you, Robin. I can't tell you who you like better."
   "But if you had to choose...?"
   "Honestly, neither of them. They're both idiots."
   I laughed. "You're a fine one to talk," I joked. "Thanks, though. It's good to have a guy to talk to that won't plan a sneak attack on guys that like me."
   Gabe smiled again, hugging me around the waist. "It's good to have a girl to talk to that won't make Alex jealous."
   "Glad to be of assistance."

A/N: Hi, everyone! I know this was short, but I felt like I needed more of Gabe in the story. This chapter was supposed to develop Luna and Gabe's relationship and how all of the boys care about her. Hope you liked it! Comment what you want to see happen in the future of the story! Are you Team Lill (Luna and Will) or Team Duna (Dalton and Luna)?