“What are you doing here?” She asked, without even a hello.

“Good morning to you too.” I smiled at her.

“Sorry, good morning. I didn't mean to make it sound like I didn't want to be picked up. I can’t remember the last anyone has been this nice to me. I’m just wondering why are you doing this?” She asked, curiously.

“I want to.” I answered simply.

Sometimes the best answers in life were the ones with the least amount of words and the most meaning; I learned that one from my mom.

She was quiet for the rest of the ride, which I took as her trying to decipher my feelings for her. I know she’s smart, she can figure it out for herself.

“Come on, we’re going to be late.” I opened the door for her.

She quickly grabbed her bag and got out. I should have brought a different car. It was too new, too shiny and too hot to not be noticed. Now everyone’s attention was on me. I don’t really mind, consider I have leadership blood in me, but Penny looks extremely uncomfortable.

“Who is that guy?!” a heard a couple girls gossiping.

“Who’s the girl, ugh.”

“That is such a sick ride, man.”

“Dude, I’d give anything to look under the hood of that.”

As soon as we got inside, the attention quieted down, because they hadn't noticed our entrance.

“Sorry about that, next time I’ll bring a lower key car.” I whispered to her.

“No, it’s ok. Besides, I like walking to school.” She gripped her books tightly against her chest.

“I really like driving you to school.” I stood in front of her and leaned down, forcing her to look at me.

“Quinn…” She trailed off when we both heard a little shrill voice.

“Oh Quinn!” the annoying girl from English called.

Penny used my distraction as a perfect escape. She slipped in between the crowds of people, as the girl’s hand grabbed my wrist. I quickly pulled her hand off my wrist, feeling it burn slightly. I think she dug her fingernails into my skin. What is wrong with this girl?

“I’m sorry, who are you?” I asked, slightly pissed off.

“You don’t remember me? Yesterday from lunch, I asked you sit with me.” She said her voice at such a high frequency it forced me to move away from her a little.

“Oh yes, Sandra. I clearly remember asking you to stay away from me and Penny.” I nodded, remembering.

Her face deflated faster than a balloon. Good, some people need to be taken down a notch or two. I’d take the notches taken off by her and add the notches to Penny, who most definitely needed it. The bell rung and my cue to leave had been made. I inclined my head to her before turning and going to first period. Ugh, math, my favorite subject (not). I could already tell how badly I would fail in this class. I should have transferred in the beginning of the semester. I couldn't believe I’d waited so long. Thankfully, Penny was sitting by herself, so I quickly took the seat next to her. She didn't look up from her book, one that seemed to be fiction and really long. I couldn't read more than maybe 10 pages at a time, unless I had to, like Pack documents and official Alpha business, which usually came in packs of 20 or more pages at a time, it was a little like a political bill.

“You’re going to have to help me here Penny. I suck at math.” I told her, wrinkling my nose in disgusts.

“I hate it too, but somehow I’m good at it.” She looked up from her book to smile at me.