Part 20: Insanity

Ace's POV:

I watched as the circle of water that surrounded the bubble bursts but the drops vanished into air.

I couldn't believe it but her haki was stronger than ever before, even I could barely stand on my own two feet, not mentioning the marines around us collapsing. "(Y/N), you did it," I whispered catching her. She opened her eyes and her (E/C) orbs met mine.

"Ace," she started, when I helped her to her feet she steadied herself,

*SLAP*

"I thought you left me!" She scowled as I stood there in a shock. That woman can surely hit. "Where were you going?" She asked still pissed.

I only shook my head, my mind wondering upon my own thoughts; How could I let myself fall for her? If I got the chance, maybe I would've distanced myself a little more.

"Answer me, freckled-freak!" She slapped my arm as I stumbled away from my thoughts.

"That hurt!" I cried as she just smirked. Before she could answer, backup marines were on our tracks, the Fuji clan's men were currently fighting alongside us now. Even if it were for a short amount of time, we needed their support. "(Y/N), I think we need to retreat back and then call for more soldiers," when I spoke of my plan her stare turn cold.

"I'm not letting this go on any longer," was all she said before heading towards the docks. What was her plan now? Knowing her it was something groundless. Yet the more everything about her unfolds, the more she captivated me. She reminds me of a certain straw-hat.

Her pace quickened as I had no trouble keeping up behind her trail. What I wanted to do was stop her and question this plan she had. When the large ships we arrived in cane into view, I concluded she was about to contact for more help.

"Oi—(Y/N), you don't have to go all the way here for that. Look I got a—"

My eyes widened and jaw hung open. S-she—did she just..."(Y/N)! You just destroyed our way back home!" She played it off with an innocent smile that would've settled my nerves any other time but we were in a battlefield. "Why did you do that? Do you know what you just did?"

"Yeah, I just took out the marine's hideout," she nodded. I grasped onto both of her shoulders.

"No. Listen, woman. You just destroyed our fleet. You are lucky no one was on those ships."

"No, Ace. The marines were behind our ships."

"I know where they were at. You did not need to do that."

There was something off with her this time when she became more powerful. It seemed like she was losing something. Her sanity? No it seemed like something much more than that. It was as if someone just ripped a dream of her's away.

"Ace, can you help me?" I turned to the princess as she held out a hand for me. "Please help me settle this war."

"Of course."

___________________

Guess who's back? Back again! Betty's back, tell a friend! Just kidding, Betty's dead. I'm back, though!
Lost all of my Ace pictures during the murdering of my phone. I'm kind of sad about it.