Chapter 3: The Tournament

"The teams were off to find the answers to the scavenger but will they prevail," I announced like a sports announcer when the teams left to start searching.

Eric and I had made the list so we were sort of not allowed to participate. The winner of the scavenger hunt would be the school who either found everything, or a tally of what each team brought was made and checked off the list. This was a precaution in case both schools found everything or neither school could find everything.

Eric and I spent the time talking about what's been happening lately with us, but every once in a while Eric would look at me weirdly. Now don't get me wrong it's not the icky kind of weird, more like he was expecting something to happen.

"Look Eric can you stop staring at me like that. It's makignme uncomfortable," I snapped at him.

"Like what?" he asked confused.

"Oh I don't know like you expect me to change shapes and become a mythical creature," I said as a joke. For a millisecond though Eric looked serious, by I just put it off to a trick of the light.

An hour later the horn was sounded and we gathered up the bags from each team to check them off the list. That took half an hour and it was a tie exactly in the end. Plus neither school could figure out all of the riddles.

Below is the scavenger list the X marks what was found and the O marks what nobody figured out.

[X] A signature of a MB found near tamed animals

[X] Something small that is said to be a way to hear the ocean

[O] A recording of an instrument that can't be seen or touched

[X] A picture of a tamed fe---e

[X] A box that can sing

[O] The golden object of a legend

[X] Something that you've heard of, but is not real

[O],This is found on a tree, but is part of the sea

[X] A picture answering what walks on 4 feet then 2 then

Okay so here's the answer to each X marked one in order. A marine biologist's signature, a sea shell, a picture of a cat (tamed feline), a music box, pictures or objects relating to mythical creatures, and a picture of a baby, a person, and then an old man/woman with a cane.

"Now it's time for the annual tennis match between Akyrie and Eric Everly," Ms. Evangea announced. Sendig the crowd wild.

Eric and I could both go pro with tennis that's how good we were, and seeing us face off was the highlight of eeryones day at the Tournament.

Facing off Eric at the court I got out my tennis racket and hit a few tennis balls for practice. It was what we'd usually do volley a round between us and then start the game.

Starting the game you could barley see our serves. They were that fast. Eric and I were blurs on the court. This is why it was the highlight you never could predict which one of us would win the match before hand. Especially since there are 3 sets or 2 if the same person wins both matches.

Before we knew it it was game point for me if I could get one more point on Eric it would be Game, Set, and Match. Plus it was my serve. Hitting the ball I used my finishing move the lighting volley and it was so fast no one not even I saw it until it bounced the first and second times and Eric failed to return it.

I won. So far it's one tie, one win for Ocean View high.

Then we began the manhunt. It was every student from Ocean View's senior class and Sea Skies senior class as the chasers. The seniors had to find the hunties of the game and take away their cards. O V hunties wore red pinnies for it, well the seniors wore orange. S S hunties wore blue and their seniors wore green.

The point is for the O V seniors to gather all of the S S hunties life cards. And the opposite for S S seniors. The hunties job was to hide from the seniors of the other team and find the checkpoints for their points card. Also once your life card was gone you had to return to the field and hand in your points card. There were students of each school working under the teachers to catch those who try to cheat.

At the end of the game whoever had the most points tallied up lifecards collected by the seniors equal 2 points and each stamp on your points card equals one. So you couldn't lose you points card during the run or your team would lose out. The people who could hold on to their lifecards would earn 10 points for thier team.

........................

Manhunt continued next chapter. I'm having a contest whoever is the first person to give me the answers to all the scavenger hunt questions marked with an [O] through my inbox, I will dedicate 3 chapters to you on this book, can create a character for any of my stories and i will read all of your stories and comment on them maybe even vote. No matter how many stories the winner has I will read them all. The 2nd person will have one chapter dedicated to them, and can ask me to read any 2 of their stories. 3rd place I will just read a story. So think away you could even join up with a friend to answer the questions and you'd both get the prizes. If it's not inboxes it is invalid and will be deleted. Do not comment the answers on this chapter.