Part 4

I forced myself into the doors of the school and found my way to my locker.

It was the same one I'd had for years. Each dent and chipped off piece of paint gave me a comforting sense of familiarity and sameness. It kept me slightly sane in this completely insane world to know that somethings haven't changed in all my years of living here, but then again it's just a stupid school locker

"Hey Marina!"

I turned around to find Archie flashing one of his signature smiles at me.

"Hey Archie, what's up?"

He fiddled with the lock on a random locker next to mine.

"Nothing much," he said, "Just feels good to be back, y'know?"

I nodded, "Yeah, it does."

Reggie strutted over to the two of us.

"Hey Mari, looking good."

"You could be too, but your cockiness is washing you out. Maybe you should try something a little more humble." I spat at him.

He snickered, "Wow, this kitty has claws!"

Archie refused to make eye contact with me and was trying to ignore the situation.

"Oh, I'm sorry Reggie! I think your dignity is looking for you! Maybe you should leave us alone and go find it." I smirked at him and he scowled at the sarcasm dripping from my voice.

"Damn girl! You sound like you're actually trying to hurt my feelings."

I raised a brow, "Oh I am honey, but I think I need to get going before your idiocy makes me loose another IQ point."

I slammed my locker and didn't wait for him to answer before leaving to find Betty and the new girl.

"Honestly, I feel like I'm walking through the lost epilogue of Our Town." Veronica muttered before I walked up to them.

"You'll learn to love it." I smiled at her.

"Once can only hope." She said, looking off into the distance.

Betty looked a little bit uncomfortable so I raised an eyebrow at her.

Veronica asked "So what's the social scene like here? Any nightclubs?"

I was about to answer when Kevin appeared from behind, "A strip club called the Hoe Zone and a tragic gay bar called Innuendo. Friday nights are football games and then tailgate parties at the Mallmark parking lot. Saturday night is movie night, regardless of what is playing at the bijou and you'd better get there early because there isn't any reserved seating in Riverdale. And Sunday night's," he paused and wrapped an arm around Betty, "Thank God for HBO."

I giggled and Betty was stifling some laughter herself.

"Veronica Lodge, Kevin Keller. Veronica's new here, Kevin is-"

Veronica cut Betty off, "Gay, thank God, we'll be best friends."

Kevin wasted no time to learn all of the new secrets surrounding her.

"Is it true what they say about your dad?" He asked.

Betty and I gave him a look and Veronica Just sighed.

"That he's the devil incarnate?" She paused, "I stand by my father."

We all nodded when she asked, "Does everyone here know?"

"Well..." I started to say.

She let out a breath, "Wonderful! Ten minutes in, and I'm already the Blue Jasmine of Riverdale High."