Part 22

"Well I'm glad you guys are having a little reunion, but I'm kind of over this shit." I said flatly.

Cheryl rolled her eyes, "This isn't a reunion. I'm sick of you stealing my thunder.  My brother is gone and no one even cares because they're too caught up on you and your alcoholic mother."

I tensed up.

"Considering your multiple tributes to him at school dances and football games, I'd say it was the other way around."

"Whatever you fat cow. I'd like you to meet," she paused and looked at the girl she had just called over.

"Olivia Johnson." She answered in annoyance, already knowing what Cheryl was asking.

I knew Olivia from the few classes we had together.  She was Mexican with brown hair and eyes. She was pretty, but she didn't think that. You guessed it, I had stuff on her too. Olivia was bullied in middle school and she still dealt with the aftereffects of it.

Cheryl smiled.

Jughead stood up and stared her down.

"If no one cares about Jason then why is everyone at this table trying to figure out who killed him."

For a second, Cheryl looked dumbfounded.

"Alright, this shit is getting boring." Jack announced as he exaggerated a yawn.  "I'd like you all to meet my friend Laci Road."

She sighed, "Lara Rose. You should know that considering the circumstances."

Jack quickly brushed off his mistake with a, "Oh yeah right, anyway." He looked over at Archie, "You my friend are a great singer." Archie looked at me, confused. "I mean the way you ran off stage, priceless."

"I swear that I wi-" Veronica was cut off.

"Woah woah! Calm down Vee, can I call you Vee?" He didn't even wait for her to answer. "Look, I just wanted to let you know that Chuck is coming back, soon, so prepare yourselves." He grimaced, "Because he won't be alone."

He turned and walked back towards the school, leaving Lara.

"I'm sorry, Jack is an ass." She apologized. "I honestly only put up with him because he's my cousin. He actually asked me to pretend to be his girlfriend for this. Idiot can't even remember my name."

Cheryl finally looked at all of us.

"Okay, I'm done playing games.  If you guys are trying to find my brother it's obviously for you Betty," Cheryl gestured to her. "You just want to figure out what happened to Polly."

Cheryl turned and walked away, followed by what was left of her "possè" except for Olivia."

"Well I'm confused as hell." She stated plainly.

Veronica laughed, "Aren't we all."

4:00 p.m.

It was chilly.  The air felt damp, like it had just rained and the giant building that looked above us did not make the atmosphere any more welcoming. I couldnt help but pull the denim jacket I was wearing closer around my body.

"Hey. Don't judge a home for troubled youths by its facade, right?"

Tears were brimming in Betty's eyes, but she quickly blinked them away as we walked inside.

"Hi. My name is Elizabeth Cooper. I'm here to see my sister, Polly."

"May I see some identification?"

Betty slid a school identification card over to her the lady as she studied it.

"Sign in here, please." She looked over at Jughead and I. "They'll have to wait."