Part 25

Black.

Everything was black.

There was no light.

"Is Jughead here?"

Jughead?  I miss Jughead. 

Wait.

Jughead is mean.

Or is he?

"No.  He had to take his dad home after he got drunk at my place."

Jughead's dad? F.P.?  Not surprised he was drunk.  I always felt bad for Jughead.  He didn't deserve such a shitty dad.

Or did he?

"Does he even know, Archie?"

Know what? What's even going on? Why can't I see?

"I don't know, her Dad called me specifically Ronnie. Said he only had our three numbers."

Damn it Dad.

"Did she just say something?"

"I'll get a nurse."

A nurse! Why would I need a nurse.

BAM

Light flooded into my eyes and it burned.

"She's awake!"

I blinked too try to get my eyes to adjust to the light, but everything was so blurry.

"Mari!"

I could just barely make out two blobs that I could only assume were Betty and Veronica. 

"She said somethi- Holy shit."

I turned my head and managed to make out Archie and what looked like a nurse.

"Okay, you three need to leave the room." The nurse said as she shooed them out the door.

"Wh- what happened to me?"

"Well Miss Joycelette, we aren't entirely sure." The nurse answered calmly. "I'm just going to check your vitals."

She took my temperature and checked my heartbeat before allowing my dad to come into the room.

By now my vision had cleared and he sat in the chair next to the bed.

"Oh Mari."

"Oh Dad."

He smiled weakly, "Do you remember anything since this afternoon?"

I shook my head and noticed that it felt extremely sore, "No."

He sighed, "Well you ran upstairs and I didn't really want to question it, but Max said he heard you throwing up so I knocked on the bathroom door.  All I heard was the water running and you didnt answer, so I opened it and saw you unconscious on the floor."

"How did I end up on the floor?"

"You must have had a panic attack and passed out, but when you did, you must have hit your head off of the tub and it knocked you out."

I was speechless.

"I-I don't know how..." I trailed off.

"It doesn't matter. You're okay now and the doctor said you were clear to come home and go to school tomorrow of you want to."

He left the room to finish some paper work so I changed into the sweatshirt and pajama pants my dad brought me.

The second I opened the door to leave the room, I was flooded with hugs from Betty, Archie, and Ronnie.