Chapter Five

Remus walked back to the dance floor towards Tonks. She saw him coming and quickly excused herself from Charlie. She felt it was time to emit her feelings to Remus, time to see what his reaction is. While thinking she started to feel queasy and a bit nervous, she had butterflies. Remus held his hand out and she grabbed it. She held it tight, squeezed it gently from time to time. She smiled, feeling really happy about being so close to him, clutching his hand, hoping he realises how much she likes him. Remus led her towards the Black Lake and they sat under a tree, Tonks leaning her head on Remus' shoulder. It was a warm winter night, the sky clear but dark due to the new moon. Stars splattered the sky making it like a dreamscape. Tonks felt so relaxed staring at the sky with Remus holding her close.  Suddenly Remus cleared his throat and Tonks looked up.

"Um... Nymphadora, Tonks I've got something to tell you."

"Me too."

"Ok. You go first."

"Um... I... reallylikeyou. I have since my first year and it would be totally amazing if we went to Hogsmeade together sometime."

Remus was speechless. So speechless he forgot that he had to tell he about his furry little problem. He felt a happy feeling inside of him, a warm and fuzzy sensation coursing through his veins. Was it love?

"Remus, hello?"

"Huh."

"What is it you wanted to say?"

"Oh um..."

He didn't want to say anything. He didn't want to lose this feeling. Maybe he could put it off a bit longer?

"Um... I was going to say... I like you too. And yes it would be amazing. How about next weekend."

"Oh my merlin! YES!!!"

"We should go back inside now. It's getting a bit cold and you don't have a coat on."

"Sure. Maybe we could have that dance?"

"Of course."

They walked back inside. Remus still giddy about him and Tonks. The majority of the school left hours ago. Only some couples were still dancing, Remus led her towards the middle, then they started a slow dance. Remus remembered that he emitted his feelings to her and he ask her out. He couldn't've done that, he still needed to tell her. Maybe after this dance, then he'd face the music of her rejection.

"Hey, Tonks?"

"Hmm, yeah."

"I need to tell you something else."

"Ok what?"

He stopped dancing and led her to the stairwell.

"I'm a-a... I'm a w-werewolf."

"Oh ok."

"What, your not going to reject me? Your not in fear and disgust? I could hurt you, give you my curse!"

"I know you can hurt me but that's just one night a month. The rest of the time your just this really cute, smart guy I've fallen for. Sometimes quite literally."

"But, but..."

"No buts Remus. I like you, you like me. There's no question or doubt about it. Are you ok with that?"

"I guess." Still feeling doubtful in his mind.

"We still on next weekend?"

"Yeah, why not."

"Cool. See you in the library tomorrow."

With that she stood up and left him sitting on the step. A couple seconds later she came back up, grabbed his face and kissed him. That kiss set fire to their blood. A sensation they both hadn't needed but realised that now they've tasted it, they needed it from each other now and forever.

"You have no idea how much I wanted to do that." And with that, she walked back downstairs to her common room and slept with a smile on her face all night.

Fin