Chapter One

The Yule Ball was one month away. Ever since her first year at Hogwarts, Nymphadora Tonks has always had a crush on Remus Lupin. She'd always love spending time with him but it was getting harder and harder to randomly bump into him, especially since he was always walking the other way. Everyone knew the Yule Ball was coming up fast and lots of people were getting their dates ready. Tonks already had four guys asking her to go with them, but she only had one man in mind. She was even willing to ask him herself but all these thoughts kept flying into her mind. 'What if he says no? What if I do something to make him not be friends with me anymore? Maybe I shouldn't ask him? Okay I won't ask him, I'll wait till he asks me. He will ask me won't he? Stay positive.'

***

Remus was at the Gryffindor table, reading a Defence Against the Dark Arts book. James and Sirius were planning something and Peter was nowhere to be found. The past week was a really distracting time for him. He felt weird around Tonks during one of the evenings they spent in the library, like she was suddenly the most attractive person in the whole school and he noticed how her smile could melt his frozen heart, he felt this sudden urge to grab her and kiss her but he knew he couldn't do that. Tonks didn't know about his 'furry little problem' so there was no way he was going to risk his secret. He told James and Sirius what he had felt and they just laughed, soon they had to explain what he felt but that discussion turned to an argument. He went to bed early that night and reflected on that discussion he just had. He soon realised that he did have feelings for her, he had a crush on her! He decided to put some distance between himself and her but he never gave up a chance to glance at her from across the Great Hall tables.