13

{Edited 02-14-2024}

"I miss Seth ." Claire's soft voice made her mother wince as the two sat in the living room watching televisioin. No matter how hard she tried to forget, it came rushing back. Paul, her cousins. All of them, they are werewolves, and she finally accepted that. But did she really want her life to be surrounded by this new reality?

"I know. I know, baby." She pulled her daughter closer to her. "I miss him to." She said actually talking about Paul.

"Are we ever going to go see him and Aunt Leah again? And Aunt Sue?"

"We will. I promise. You can even buy him a present for Christmas. Okay."

Delaney sat in the familiar couch in the little cottage. It was just two weeks ago that she promised her daughter they'd come and visit. They did. They just haven't gotten around to see any familiar faces because they were all busy so they were either spending time with Emily at their little cottage or at Charlie's home since her aunt moved in with him.

"Claire, if i have to tell you to clean up your room again, you're not going to like what happens next." Delaney raised her voice at her daughter, which was very uncommon, but lately, since they arrived in la Push, she has been and she doesn't get why since she never had to get on her daughter.

"What do you mean again?" Delaney turned around and saw that Seth shutting the front door, heading her way. "Claire. You're not listening to you're mother?" He asked. Delaney could see how hard he was trying to keep himself from getting angry at the young girl.

"I need you to clean your room or I'm going to go back." He didn't have to raise his voice, it was the frown on his face that made Claire cry. Just when Seth regretted it, he tried to hug her and apologize but instead, Delaney pulled him away.

"Don't even think about." She warned knowing that him apologizing could keep her from learning her lesson. "Claire, clean your room."

"Thanks." Delaney finally muttered embarrassed when she and Seth were in the small kitchen. She didn't want to be known as the mother who couldn't control her own kid and by the way Claire was behaving recently, it was looking that way.

"Do you think it has anything to do with the move?" Emily asked.

"I hope not." Delaney frowned. She's good... for the most part. Even Wren has called that she sometimes ignores him. She was grounded for a whole week. She learned her lesson, but then it's something else."

"You're not pregnant are you? I've heard of that superstition."

"What no!" Delaney frowned. "No! That would be impossible. I'm not seeing anyone."

"Really?" Seth asked.

"Why are you so surprised?" She asked her cousin.

Seth glanced over at his older cousin who was more than ready to take over. "It's the imprint. He's trying to see how strong it is." Emily explained.

"What do you mean?" Delaney asked confused.

"Take me and Sam for example. When he first imprinted in me, he was still with...Leah. It was wrong. I knew that. I know I look like a shitty person. But the bond only brought us together the more I pushed him away. It got to a point where I could not stop thinking about him. I eventually gave in."

It's only a matter of time before you go back to Paul. Whether you like it or not, you feel empty without him like he does with you. Eventually you won't be able to stay away from each other."

"I wouldn't mind that." Delaney smiled looking down at the floor. "Please, don't tell him I said that. I want us to -"

"Then you should have kept your mouth close." Leah laughed as she entered the house. This alone made Delaney give a questioning look. "Weather we like it or not, we can hear each others thoughts. Nothing is hidden between us."