1.

{Edited 02-02-2024}

They say there's no such thing as love at first sight.

But there was Paul Lahote, watching Delaney Young pick up her daughter Claire from School, as he himself was just dismissed from class. Love was written all over his face and It was then, that he felt blessed for going to school that holds both, a primary and a secondary education. Really he knew nothing about her other than the fact that she was a mother, clearly married. At least in his eyes it looked that way.

She was just so beautiful, with long wavey brown hair that fell like a cascade over her shoulders. She wore a thin gray hoodie, dark jeans, which were cuffed because after having them for a while, the ends started ripping after always stepping on them. On her feet, she wore some old white converse that were clearly just recently washed and held a dark spot that wouldn't come out no matter how much bleach she used.

As Paul continued starring at the girl, he couldn't help but wish that she noticed him. It was just a little over a week ago that she asked him for direction in the hallway so that she could personally drop Claire off for her first day at the new school. And boy was he glad he had been in a good mood because if he would have ignored her or worse blow up on her while imprinting, he would have regretted it and she probably will never give him the time of day.

"Mommy, are we finally going to see aunt Emy today?"

"I-uh- i don't know. She said we can go, but i think she was just trying to be nice." Delaney replied, leaving a shocked expression on Paul. He had never seen someone talk to a kid that way, especially not truthfully the way she did as if she were an adult who understood.

"Oh." was all the little girl could say with disappointment on her face. Which now bothered the woman.

"How about i call her, and if she says yes, we'll buy some stuff so that you can bake with her, eh? How does that sound?"

"Yeah!" The little girl squealed jumping up and down as she held onto her mother's hand tightly when they were crossing onto the parking lot. "Can we go right now?"

"I don't know if she's home."

"Delaney!" A very familiar voice shouted. Paul watched his packmate jogged towards them. So that's her name, Paul thought.

"Seth, what's up?" The woman asked hugging him, giving Paul the impression that she knew him well enough to let him play around with the little girl he was picking up and throwing over his shoulder

"Do you think you can take my things home with you? I'm going on a run and then going over to my friends house."

"Yeah, no problem. Just put them in the back." She told him as she opened up her car door to let the little girl in so she could start the process of buckling her into the booster seats.

Since the day he imprinted, he had been so frustrated trying to figure out who she is and the fact that nobody who patrolled with him knew her, frustrated him more. Now, now Paul knows that the girl knows Seth, and possibly Leah. So his plan was to wait until their shift was over so he can ask. And he had many.