2.

{Edited 02-03-2023}

Delaney isn't the kind of person to object to anything asked of her, mostly because after she had Claire, so much was expected of her. So she tried her best to meet other's expectations. Even if it meant failing every once in a while. Which is why when her sister demanded for her to go to the store before she could even set foot in her house, she went and did as asked.

If anyone were to ask Emily Young why she left the Makkah reservation, she would say something along the lines of being in love with Sam. But it was more than that. It was to get away because her kid sister got pregnant really young, becoming the reservations shame. Making it a problem not only for her but the family. Which is why after five years, they've had enough and decided Delaney needed to leave, so they manipulated her into thinking she was moving to get a "fresh start".

"Hey, I'm back. I got everything that y-" Delaney's eyes widen when she walked into her sisters kitchen after having to go back to the store to buy more ingredients. Picking up an overly large chocolate muffin, she took it and decided not to question the size by going and taking a seat next to her daughter who already had chocolate on her face.

"Well aren't you a hot mess." Delaney spoke up making Claire grin with a large cheesy smile, which she always held. It was something Delaney loved about her daughter and frankly something the girl inherited from her father.

"They're big." The girl spoke up quietly before diving into it again, giggling.

"I know. They're almost as big as your face." Delaney joked before biting into her own muffin.

"We're back!" Came a shout from the front door and into the kitchen. One by one two shirtless guys took a muffin and shoved them into their mouths as they each took a seat at the table, joining the two girls.

"Laney, these are some of my friends. That's Embry, Jared." Emily gestured to the guys.

"Hey, nice to meet you." She reached over and shook their hands, but one of them sat there starring at her. clearly recognizing her from the memory Paul shared with him when they patrolled together only days ago.

"So, Delaney, how do you know Emily?" Jared asked her curiously for Paul's sake.

"Uhm- We're sisters." She replied giving him a perplexed expression as she reached for one of the folded napkins in the middle of the round table for Claire.

"Really? Emily has never spoken of you before. Or mentioned that she has one."

"Well, I'm sure she has her reasons." She replied almost sounding very rude as she gave her daughter a smile, trying not to think about the past, but of course you can only fight so hard until it slowly takes over your mind. Delaney knew why she was never mentioned. It's because she's a teen mom. Because Emily was embarrassed even to this day. -or really when they find out how old her sister is. The people realize how old the girl was when she had a kid.

Not even a minute later, Sam Uley and another guy walked in very shirtless. Now it became all too much for the teen mom. She was looking anywhere bout at the guys bodies not wanting to be caught starring. Not to mention, the last time she was around a shirtless guy was the night Claire was conceived and let's be honest all these guy were much more fit than her ex.

Delaney watched as Sam went up to Emily, and kissed her.l and every single one her scars. Their love stood out the most, and her sisters happiness. Delaney couldn't deny that. As much as she hates them together, she could see true happiness in her sisters eyes, which is something she hasn't seen in her since the day she announced she was pregnant.