( 8; Be Weary With Painting )

( Chapter Eight ; Be Weary With Painting )

Alex had been tied down to the gallery for an entire week. He was so tired he was barely standing upright. But tonight was the opening of the gallery for Jean-Luc Pierre's Viewing tonight. He basically put his blood, sweat, and tears into this viewing and his boss still was patronizing and unsatisfied. He drew a very decent crowd of people although.

A hour into the viewing and people were already beginning to bid and buy. He didn't realize how upscale Jean made his work out to be. True, he was a good painter, but the way Jean described his work tonight was like it was the highest importance. Alex could only listen and he followed on his boss' heels like the ever obedient servant he was.

Everything Jean asked for or needed, Alex was there at the ready. What did piss Alex off more than ever tonight was the painting of his lover staring back at him on the back hall wall. Jean had remembered seeing the prominent painting when he popped up the apartment that day. He told me it was a masterpiece of course and that it should be on the wall in the gallery. He begged, he pleaded, he demanded. It's here.

He didn't have time to even ask Kellan's permission. It's been an entire week since he even saw his lover. He was not happy tonight and sooner or later he may even snap. Nah, just a thought though.

"Alex!" Jean growled out in that stupid french accent.

"Yes, sorry. What do you need?" I clasped my hands together. He was going to be upset about my zoning out later.

"Take Miss Dayning around to the back hall. She's interested in one present."

"Yes, of course Jean-Luc Pierre." I gestured my hand out to signal her to follow me the way. Jean however shared his scowl and hatred for me all in one look then turned to walk off.

"Miss Dayning, how are you enjoying the viewing?" She smiled up at me politely.

"It's good so far. He's really talented. I see a lot of .. heart in the paintings. That's why this one interests me most." We came to a halt.

Behold, my Adonis. I fought hard to get my anger under control and not blurt out, "It's not for sale!" I couldn't be mad at her though, why wouldn't she want to buy it. This was the ultimate masterpiece. We both looked on and admired it like we never had before. Her more than me obviously.

"I like the way he painted it as if his eyes are moving like mist. That's outstanding. The smirk is sexy as hell, like he's inviting a lover. The detail in the drop of the shoulder, like it signifies no matter what's about to happen, he's coming for you." I was impressed. She was hitting the hammer right on the nail.

"This artist has a mighty damn gift that I don't think this world is ready for yet." Miss Dayning pronounce.

"I keep telling him that." I'd recognize that deep voice anywhere. It sent shivers down my spine creating a warmth that I never knew existed. I did an all to eager about face and there He stood.

I couldn't stop the widened smile that now played on my lips. I took in his attire as well, he looked different yet enticingly michevious. No more Levi's but a pair of black slacks, with a tight fitted black button down tucked neatly in, he even wore his black framed glasses creating an image Alex wanted to devour.

"You're him." Miss Dayning declared.

He smiled his charming dimpled smile at her as I just stared at him while my body practically was coming to life.

"Guilty. I am he. I was agreeing with you also. This artist is beyond talented. I don't think he understands what he has to offer the world with his gift yet. Tell me, are you going to buy this painting really? Because I really think I'd like to talk you out of it."