Chapter 1- Brixton High

We arrived at the new house. It was in a quite neighbourhood. The house was two storeys and white with a peaceful porch. The garden was bland, just grass and a drive way greeting the garage. Archie took our cases to the door. I grabbed the extra cases and followed him inside. I was greeted by a cozy lounge area with a tv and sofa to the left, dark wooden stairs and a sitting room with a stove to the right. As I walked through the house I picked my bedroom. It was to the back of the house; it had a small stair case leading to the attic. I thumped onto the plain white double bed, I could not wait to personalise this room!

* * *

"Quinn!"

I jumped as Archie whacked me over the face with a pillow.

"C'mon, we're going to McDonalds." he chimed.

My mouth drooled at the thought of junk food. I was trying to keep myself on a strict diet because of how important swimming and karate are to me but some junk once in a while is okay? I jumped off the bed and slipped on my vans.

We ended up getting a drive-thru and eating it in the car. We finished so quickly, I didn't realise how hungry I was. Before I knew it i was dragging myself back up the stairs and into my bed. Tomorrow will be stressful as fuck!

* * *

My alarm rang as I gathered myself out of bed. I undone my braid that was in from the night before as I trudged into the bathroom. My turquoise and sea green hair fell down to my waist in waves. My old nickname was Mermaid because of my hair. I had a brisk shower and dried my hair. After I dressed myself in a cropped wine jumper, high waisted ripped jeans that hug my curves perfectly and some white high tops. I done my usual thick cat wing eyeliner and dark lipstick. Before I left my room I slipped on my oversized round glasses.

When i got downstairs Archie was gone, no surprise there. We had to move because he got a job upgrade. He was working alongside detectives now, meaning he's going to be really invested in his job now. Ending in me being by myself a lot. I had a bowl of cereal and left for school.

* * *

There it was, Brixton High. Students flooded the campus as I walked through the main entrance. All eyes were on me. I loved it! I strutted to the office and asked the secretary for my student pack. She was quite old but she gave off a welcoming atmosphere. With a warm smile and a nod I guided myself to my locker. As I walked to the end of the hall and up the stairs I took in the different cliques. There was the nerds, the barbies, skater boys and... strange no jocks?

I went to push open the double doors but instead fell straight onto my face. Someone must have pulled them open from the other side. Ugh, high school! Low laughing filled my ears. When i looked up, I was met with a familiar chiselled face, grey seductive eyes and long brown hair; along with another 5 hot guys. The jocks. I rolled my eyes and stood up.

"Have a nice trip, newbie?" a tall, blonde jock asked.

"Shut it, Blondie." I remarked, I strode away over to my locker.

I swung it open and put the pile of books inside. The consistent chatter of the jocks was blocked out once I put my ear phones in. First class was english, it shouldn't be that bad. For the rest of the morning before the first period I sat at my locker listening to music, burying myself in a book. At the same time I was figuring out a revenge plan for the jock that made me fall. I still couldn't place where I knew him from.

The bell rang and I shuffled to english. When I got to the door there was a mass of students looking in as if they were waiting for something. Instead I just walked into the class room, I could feel everyones eyes on me. To my annoyance, the jock that tripped me walked in. This time without his group. He didn't make eye contact with me; in fact he made me feel invincible. I hated it!Eventually everyone else filed in. Jeez, they must be afraid of him or something. I was happy with my seat; back row beside the window.

"Alright class. Good morning. Welcome to the new term!" an old man greeted as he walked to his desk "I have some exciting news. We have a new student that just joined us today. Ms.Rutherford please do introduce yourself." he smiled warmly in my direction.

I stood up "Hey, I'm Quinn, I moved here from California and I really enjoy sports." I smiled nonchalantly.

"Ooooh, a surfer chick." the familiar jock jeered.

"Pretty much." I shrugged.

The class began and everyone settled down. I couldn't help but constantly shift uncomfortably under the watchful gaze of the jock.

"Mr.Healy, do you have a problem?"

"Sir, call me Noah-" he flashed a smile causing the three girls in front of him to swoon.

"Last warning." Mr.Monroe warned.

Noah just chuckled. Noah... that's a nice name. Classes flew by. The bell rang for lunch and I leapt off my seat. My stomach had been reminding me all class of my hunger. I swung my bag over my shoulder accidentally hitting someone.

"Oh shit, I'm sor-" I turned to see an unamused Noah "Nevermind. I'm not sorry."

With that I walked out of the class room catching a quick glance of Noah, he did not look happy. But did I care? Not really. After I grabbed a sandwich and some fruit from the canteen, I made my way upstairs to my locker. A sigh of relief escaped my lips as the halls were vacant. I made my way over to my locker and sat down with my back against the locker. After fifteen minutes my peace was extinguished by a strong scent of cologne and a muscular jock, Noah. I grunt as I watch him pace toward me.

"What?" I snap.

Noah crouches down in front of me, going to eye level.

"Look sweetheart, I don't know what you think you're doing or who you think you are but for your own sake, stay out of my way." he growled.

"And if I don't?" I reply keeping a cool tone, keeping my eyes on my book.

He grabs my chin causing me to gasp "You'll regret it. In fact you'll regret even breathing near me."

I quickly stand up and gain my posture.

"How about... you fuck off out of my way? You think you run this school? You and your 'bad boys'?" I gesture quotation marks.

He just smirked and pushed me backward. Me being me I toppled over and fell on my bum.

"Here we go again..." he chuckled, walking away.

--------

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. I tried my best to get a genuine outline of some of the characters. There is so much more in store for Quinn though, I just don't know how she'll handle it all. Make sure to vote and leave some comments, i really appreciate it <3