Chapter ten: Misinformation

I'm never done breaking hearts.

Kuza smiled as they were guided to their rooms. Ricky and Kuza shared while the two adults had their own room also. Kuza giggled, laying on his bed. It was like heaven to the little demon. Ricky smiled, laying next to him.

"My bed Ricky." Kuza laughed.

"I like sharing." Ricky whispered, feeling slightly hurt.

"Don't let Melissa bite me." Kuza chuckled as he gently tapped one of Ricky's snakes. Ricky smiled, slowly turning more human.

"I won't. They're mean to me too."

"I'm hungry. Let's go find the food place they told us about." Kuza stated as he stood up. Ricky followed him, smiling as he saw Angelo walk out his room.

"Where are you two going?"

"Food." Ricky stated.

"I'll come too. I could something to eat."

"Food?!" Chris asked, his eyes wide as he stood in the doorway.

"Mhm. Come on. You can apologize to Kuza for being such a dick." Angelo stated.  Chris frowned, biting his lip.

"I just... Had doubts Angelo. I'm sorry."

"Don't say sorry to me. Apologize to my baby." He huffed, crossing his arms. Chris slowly turned to Kuza, gnawing on his bottom lip.

"I'm sorry Kuza and Ricky. I was rude to you both. I'm sorry."

Kuza smiled at him. He went to give Chris a hug but stopped. His eyes widened as he looked down the hallway. Angelo and Chris slowly turned, frowning at the sight of the blond woman. They quickly stepped in front of Ricky and Kuza.

"She looks way to happy." Angelo muttered.

"What do you need? We were just going to get dinner."

"I know they're not yours." Maria laughed. "They never were. I need the demon and the fallen angel. The boss would like to see them."

"No." Chris growled. "What do you want them for?"

"Oh. It seems you have a bit of misinformation about what your purpose is. You see us humans are dying off. We need to become stronger but it's too late for us adults. Out future children though, they can have a chance."

"We don't have children with humans." Angelo scoffed. "The mother would die if we ever did."

"Oh contrary to popular belief no she won't. We take the baby out at eight months. The mother takes a bit to recuperate and she's back to having strong children!"

Angelo stared at the woman in disgust. Only demons ever had children with humans and that was rare even when there were plenty to choose from. Kuza clung to Angelo's shirt, staring at her in fear. He understood what they were talking but he didn't want to do it. He quickly looked at Ricky, shaking his head.

"Just give those two to me and we'll be good to go." Maria smiled even wider. She pulled out a small gun, tilting his head. "It's silver so I wouldn't think about it."

Chris whimpered, gasping as he felt Angelo move past him. "Just me. You leave my boys alone."

"No. I want you both. Grab him or I shoot the mangy mutt."

Angelo stared at her with wide eyes. He whimpered as he felt Kuza walk up next to him. "It's okay daddy. I'll go." He whispered gently gripping Angelo's hand.

"Chris, you keep Ricky safe till I get back."

"What if..."

"I'll be back." Angelo growled. He slowly walked to the woman, holding Kuza's hand a bit tighter than normal.