Chapter five: Like a mom

Kuza yawned as he watched the sun set. The three were in an older house that had to have been built in the early human times. Angelo called it a plantation. Kuza ran back to the largest room, jumping on top of the fallen angel.

"Are you okay little demon?"

"Just tired." Kuza yawned.

"I wanna cuddle too!" Ricky whined, crawling onto the bed.

Angelo sighed as the small creatures cuddled up to him. He didn't realize he'd become their mother when he decided to help them. He shrugged, figuring that's what they needed. A parent. Angelo gently the top of Ricky's head, cringing as the snakes poked his face as if kissing him.

"I want head kisses too!" Kuza demanded, kicking his legs. He smiled as Angelo gently kissed his forehead.

"There. No you both sleep."

"Can you tell us another human story?"

"What kind of story?"

"A fighting one!" Kuza giggled.

"Okay." Angelo sighed, relaxing into the bed. "Hm. Oh! About eight thousand years ago there was thing called the Catholic Church okay?" Kuza and Ricky nodded, smiling. "And basically this is when all the bad shit started to happen. Humans attacking all of us and things. They were finally united but extremely outnumbered. Terribly outnumbered. Basically the Church had one safe place. A city called Vatican City. Maybe one day we can visit it when you're all grown up.

When the humans decided it was time to flee that's where they went. It was really small though so they built walls and people lived between the walls. One day the demons had had enough of the fighting. They decided to use the humans weapons against them. Sure the demons used the humans guns and things but never the bombs. They'd never stoop that low.

Demon scientist Marilyn decided to stop the humans but only the bad ones. He stole the technology from the humans and created his own bomb. Something safer that attacked the soul not the body. It killed off all the bad humans. The good ones that were left the demons moved to Graceland. That's why we're headed their. They'll accept you, Kuza." Angelo finished. He smiled as watched them both let out soft snores. Angelo knew the story would bore the two to sleep since it wasn't an action story.

Angelo didn't sleep. He laid their till the sun came up. He couldn't sleep without his husband. Angelo looked out at he morning sky wishing for the tall man. It had taken him a couple days to realize how much Kuza and his husband looked alike. It had taken him another to realize that was actually why he wanted to help the two. Angelo let out a soft sigh wanting nothing more than to just be able to track his husband. He couldn't. He didn't have that ability.

Ricky was the first of the two to wake up. He rolled over, toppling off the bed. He whimpered quietly. He wasn't used to sleeping in his human form. The next few weeks were spent going in ever direction. They had to head south, the cold being too much for little Kuza. He kept having breathing attacks. The warm air was better on the poor demons lungs.

"Ang, when will we find Chris? You talk a lot about him."

"He probably kept going same as I'm doing. We'll meet up ever later on or at Graceland." Angelo whispered. He didn't have much hope in his voice. Both children could hear this as they walked in silence.

New story called Mr. Boogie. Go read.