26. the one where he wants her over his knee.

chapter twenty-six:
the one where he wants her over his knee.

"Boyfriend?" I splutter, once Luke locks the bedroom door and collapses onto the double bed, his loud laughter echoing throughout the otherwise empty room. "What the hell were you thinking?!"

I hit his arm sharply, only to be pulled back with as much grace as humanly possible onto his lap. "What?" he blinks at me, innocent blue eyes wide.

"Luke, this isn't funny! You're just making this trip ten times worse than it needs to be," I sigh, shoving him back slightly. It does nothing; he doesn't even budge.

"Hey, I thought we had an agreement? Be happy I didn't go all out and stick according to plan. I would have had a ring and everything," he jokes, wriggling his eyebrows playfully at me.

"She's going to start asking questions," I warn him.

"Then I'll answer them." he replies simply.

"She's going to be annoying,"

"Then I'll deal with it."

"She's going to make you tell her everything," I place my hands on his shoulders, shaking him slightly for emphasis. "Everything, Luke! You can't tell her everything when you've got nothing."

"Are you suggesting we give her something?" Luke smirks, hands tightening around my leg. I narrow my eyes at his remark, but it registers in my mind all too late what he's implying once he flips us over and my back hits against the mattress.

Stunned, a slight gasp leaves my lips. "Luke!"

"What are the sort of answers she's looking for, Soph?" he asks me, crawling over my figure and placing his hands on either side of my head. I find myself speechless yet again, unable to talk in fear of saying the wrong thing.

"Don't do this now," I tell him, a pleading tone to my voice. It's not so much that I don't want this to happen; I'm just scared of how he'll react if I let it.

"Do what?"

"You know what you're doing," I push him slightly, feeling his hard chest underneath the soft material of the black polo. "Seriously. Move it."

"What's the magic word?"

"Please."

"Wrong," he says, dipping his head further down and causing me to sink into the bed once more. Agitated, I cross my arms. "Why the long face, baby?"

"Why the constant need to annoy me, Daddy?" the last word comes out in a mocking tone, leaving my lips before I have the power or will to stop it. My hands clamp over my mouth as Luke's eyes brighten, a wide smile stretching the corners of his lips.

"What?"

"What?" I repeat, already nauseous.

"What did you just say?"

"I-I said 'what?'," I stammer.

"No, before that."

"I said please,"

"After that,"

"I need to go," I say briskly, swiftly slipping out from underneath him and making my way to the door.

I don't get there, I don't even get close, for Luke grabs a hold of my wrist and spins me around to face him.

"Hold on, there," he chuckles. "Did you just call me-"

"I didn't mean it," I interrupt him, before he can go any further. "I was just annoyed and I wanted to annoy you even more, but obviously I did it wrong," he stares at me, still in disbelief, blues still as wide as ever. "Oh, god. Please say something."