CHAPTER FIVE

"Hello, Xave." I heard the man say. It took me a minute to realize who the voice belonged too, that is until my eyes adjusted to the blinding light.
"Huh...? Wh...at the hell is going on here?!" I tried to move, but my head hurt badly and I leaned back down groaning out of pain, I felt blood everywhere on me. What happened to me? I couldn't see very well, everything was blurred and doubled its like my eyes weren't working.
"I messed you up pretty bad, I didn't mean too, but I broke your nose, and you probably have a concussion or something. My bad." I heard Eric say with a sigh. His voice was really loud and booming. Why was he speaking so loud.
"Xave? Do you know who I am?" he asked, tilting his head to the side. His expression was a blur to me. I couldn't see anything.
"You're .. Eric... Right?" I said and he gave me what I thought was a smile, still not sure what I am seeing right now.
"Yeah, you're right, it's me. Your concussion must not be too bad." He said in a soft voice, it almost felt comforting. "Do you know your name and age?" He asked.
"Yes... I'm Xavier Ballin and I'm.... What was my age again? Wait... why am I here again?" I asked, my eyes starting to go wide when my vision was starting to sort out.
My age? What was my age? I don't remember... how old do I look? I'm scared.

I'm scared.
I'm scared.
I'm scared.

"Oh boy... well how about you sleep for now, it will help your head. I need to go out for a bit anyways. Be a good boy alright?" All the lights flickered off except for a small light in the corner. The light seemed old and needed a new bulb because it was flickering on and off, on and off, over and over again. I observed my surroundings, it was kind of dark, but the flickering light lit things up well in that area, I could see a large dark wooden box pushed up against the wall, it was probably big enough to fit furniture in it. I then looked down at the chains that bound me to the area. I could probably get about 5 feet away from this wall, but I couldn't move, it hurt to move around
I wasn't thinking too much about my situation at the time. This certainly wasn't real. I would wake up soon in my old room, filled with posters and pastel plushies and be glad that I woke up unharmed and alright. Spent what felt like hours staring at the flickering light, hoping to wake up soon. Hoping to stop the waves of pain rolling through my head and face soon. Hoping to get off this cold ground soon. Hoping hoping hoping, what else could I do?
I didn't know when I fell asleep, but I woke up when the door creaked open and I felt a soft touch on my arm. "Xave... do you feel any better?" I heard Eric say in a soft comforting voice. I didn't open my eyes. Maybe he would think I'm dead or something. Eric shook me a bit and I was forced to open my eyes to realize the room was flooded with bright light. A sharp pain traveled through my skull as I did so, as if someone whacked my forehead with a metal baseball bat. I groaned out in pain reaching up to grab my head to try to cease the pain from continuing.
........................................................................................................
"Are you alright? I've got stuff for our nose while I was out." Eric said, holding my arm forcefully in contrast to his words. "Hey, hold still, this might hurt just a bit." he said reaching for my nose and I flinched a bit. What was he going to do- a sudden pain rolled through my nose when I heard a snap. I screamed out in pain, tears stinging my eyes.
"Fuck! What the hell did you do?!" I screamed, pushing his hand away from my face, I felt blood rushing through my nose once again. Reaching up to my nose, I tried to catch the blood in my hands so it would get anywhere.
"God damn it Xave, I told you not to move, he grabbed my arm and moved my yanked my hand away, causing me to bump my nose sending a shooting pain through my head. I felt a bit dizzy after that, my head was spinning and everything started to fade. Ah, maybe I'm dying?
No, I'm not dead. Not yet, I can still feel, I can feel pain. I can feel, but I also can hear. Hear, people talking?

I opened my eyes wearily for the first time in what felt like years to find myself seated in a living room. It was casual and clean, I could see out the windows. Daylight.
Thank God...
"Ah, you're awake. Just in time to!" I heard Eric's voice.
"Huh... it wasn't...-"
"A dream?" Eric let out a soft laugh and sat down next to me on the soft cushioned couch. "It's not, hate to break it to you. Speaking of break, your nose, I fixed it up! By fixing it up, I mean bandage it properly," he cheered with a smile. "I did it while you were out cold, so it wouldn't hurt as much. You know why I can't take you to the doctors right?" He asked me and I looked at him with a blank expression.
"Why are you doing this?" I asked him, not even bothering to answer.
He gave me a sweet smile and grabbed my hand. He made direct eye contact as he answered, "Because I love you, of course." He said his voice sweet. "I really do love you."
Those words would have been amazing to hear if he hadn't of kidnapped me. Is there something mentally wrong with him? He had a serious lack of empathy if he thought this was love.
"Y-You can't just kidnap people because you love them, that's not love! That ...that's hate!" I said, raising my voice as I moved away from him, scared that he might hurt me for speaking against.
"No no no you don't understand, Xave. If you found of what I've done, then you wouldn't love me back! I know you wouldn't. So the only way for you to love me is if you're mine and mine only." He said quickly, as if he was nervous, never taking his eyes off me. Watching my expressions.
"And, I needed to protect you Xave. I know what your father did to you. I did my research so that everything would be perfect for when I finally had you." he said. My father?
"How... how did you know about my dad you fuck!?" I ripped away from him and stood, feeling dizzy as soon as I did so. Door. Door. Door. Door. Where the fuck is the door?! I looked around and saw the front door basically calling my name.
"Xave, don't me get angry..." Eric warned. I looked back at him, he gave me a warning look like I really wouldn't do it. Oh, to hell, what he thought. I took off for the door and I heard him get up behind me. I didn't dare look back, I got to the door and tried to yank it open. It wouldn't  open. I tried again. And again. And again. I frantically pulled until I felt Eric grab my shoulder and shove me to the ground. I cried out slightly because of the pain.
"Are you an idiot?' Eric asked, giving me a disgusted look. "The door was obviously not going to open, I rigged it. It locks from the outside as well as the inside. I have the key you dumb ass." Eric snapped at me yanking me up by my hair. I let out a yelp of pain when he did so. "What the hell is wrong with you? I told you not to make me angry and what did you do? You tried to leave me! Our relationship cannot have trust issues Xave." He sighed when he heard me make a small whimpering sounds of pain as tears rolled down my cheeks. His expression suddenly softened, "oh... I'm sorry babe, I do that sometimes...forgive me?" He asked suddenly letting go of me and helping me up. He held me in his arms and I was too petrified to move at all tears still leaving my eyes. " I love you Xave, and you'll love me too. Just... give it time." He said, kissing my cheek. The kiss was cold, as if it came from a ghost, gently brushing his lips against my bruised cheek.
Time, he had said. How much time?

HELLO MY FABULOUS READERS! Thank you for checking out chapter five of Rip Me Apart. Please vote and comment what you thought! If your looking for something new to read I highly recommend 21ThatWeirdKid! Her books are amazing, some of them are on my public library if you want to check them out. That also goes for my amazing editor lowfatyogurt99. She also has some rad books you should read. (And yes, I did say rad and books in the same sentence). 

Please stay tuned for chapter six, you're gonna, like it!