The wounds

"Wow," I said walking into their apartment.

"You haven't seen our apartment before?"

"I- I have it just looked smaller."

"Ah,"

"Yeah" I brushed my strawberry blonde bangs out of my face smiling.

"I love your hair color Ariel, is it natural or dye?" Phil asked me.

"Oh this is natural. My sister did have this color hair but she dyed it. And my brother has my moms dirty blonde hair."

"So, I'm trying not to rude but, why have you're parents been fighting?"

"Oh, it started when I was 4 so I didn't understand but my sister told me 6 years later that my dad had a drinking problem. So he came home drunk and messed up the house, started fighting with mom, punching & kicking through walls and after that stayed at a hotel for 2 days. But out of these 8 years, he's probably only been sober 2 times per week."

Phil looked upset and Dan did too. They both hugged me. " Do you have any wounds?"

"Yes. Alot."

"From what?"

"Stepping on broken glass and pins."

"Ouch! doesn't that hurt?"

"Well, I got used to it after 6 years."

"Oh,"

"Well I can fix you up. Come into my room with Dan. I will be right back."

"Okay."

Dan put his arm over my shoulder and carried me to Phil's room.

"You didn't have to carry me Dan, you guys already have done enough for me."

"Well, I don't- Uhh.. walking on your wounds! yeah, I don't want you walking on your wounds."

Dan was leaning In to kiss me I think but just then Phil walked into the room with a bunch of stuff. He laid it onto the bed.

"Okay, bandages, peroxide, wrap,"

"Thank you Phil." I said as he finished wrapping my foot.