"Nope," Alec said. "I had a meltdown during a school play once." There was laughter in Alec's voice but also a hint of anxiety, as if the humiliation of the event still rattled him.

"May I read one of your poems," Magnus tried again. "If I sing you one of my songs? You don't have to read it to me or anything." Alec was silent for a moment and Magnus was very tempted to turn Alec to face him. Not being able to see Alec's face made the silence all the more excruciating.

"You sing," Alec finally said. "And then I might show you a poem."

"That doesn't sound very fair," Magnus pouted but then he smiled and added. "Alright." He started singing the soft melody of one of his newer singles.

"All of my life, quite the strife," Magnus sang softly. "An emptiness in me. A hole where love was meant to be." Magnus started tapping his foot against the couch as the beat picked up. "Taken from me forever more. My heart. Taken from me forever more by you." Magnus paused for a quick breath, resisting the urge to kiss Alec as he did so. "The sun rises and sets with your smile. My stolen heart the best thing to ever happen to me." Magnus let the last note slowly fade. Then there was silence.

"Did that earn me a poem?" Magnus asked. With a sigh Alec got up and disappeared into his bedroom, returning a moment later with a spiral notebook in his hand. He turned to a particular page, then handed it to Magnus.

"You are not allowed to turn the page," Alec said firmly before he let go of the book. "Understand." Magnus nodded, Alec released his grip on the notebook and Magnus read the poems that were presented to him. The first one was labeled Acrostic and the second Haiku.

All for those I

Love shall I

Ever be for them

Xactly what they need

And what they

Need will always be

Dear to me for

Everyone of them

Requires me

Little brother had

Always wanted to dream big

Shooting for the stars

"Oh you have a little brother!" Magnus chirped as he read the second poem.

"Well at least you aren't laughing," Alec sighed.

"I'm sorry," Magnus said, beaming at Alec. He motioned for Alec to return to his arms and Alec did. Magnus wrapped his arms around Alec and kissed his cheek before he said, "I love them."

"I wrote those ages ago. I know they are kinda lame" Alec said shyly.

"They are not lame at all," Magnus replied. "May I put them to music?"

"Sure," Alec replied with a shrug. Magnus studied the words. He hummed a few melodies before selecting one he felt worked well and started to sing Alec's poems in that key. He snapped his fingers to keep the beat. When he was finished, Magnus wasn't particularly pleased with his creation but he had only had a few lyrics to work with.

"Sorry that kinda sucked," Magnus apologised. "Do you have any longer poems?"

"If I say no can we change the subject?" Alec asked brightly.

"I will take that as a yes," Magnus replied smiling. "And for now we can change the topic, but I shall not give up Alexander."

"I know," Alec whined.