James laughs, quickly looking down and fiddling with his fingers-something Naomi had taken over from him. "I, uh, am actually here to. . .say goodbye." He says, making the brunette look up.

"What?" She asks, her great mood slightly faltered. She knew that it was coming, James was a grown up after all-he couldn't stay. "I suppose that-" She sighed. "I suppose that I should've seen it coming. Neverland is no place for grown-ups."

"I'm sorry, little one." James says seriously, ruffling her hair slightly. He grabbed her shoulders and pulled her in for a long hug, saying in her ear, "I'm going to miss you, I've just found you and now I have to leave you again."

Naomi laughs sadly, wrapping her arms around his neck. "I'm going to miss you, too, James." She says truthfully, pulling back from the hug. "But how are you going to leave?"

"Pan has the shadow waiting for me at the beach," He explains, nodding towards the beach. He smiles down at Naomi and kisses her forehead in a brotherly gesture. "Look, I have to go."

Naomi sighs, nodding slowly at him before letting him go. She saw him walking away from her and felt two arms wrap around her waist, trying to comfort her. She sighs sadly, waving back at James who stopped to look back.

"Goodbye," She called out, getting a small nod and smile in return before James was completely out of sight.

But alas, in this case, out of sight was definitely not out of mind.

******

Naomi smiled softly as she looked at all the Lost Boys that were playing and splashing around in the water, she was sitting on a large rock-not really feeling the need to swim. Surprisingly, Wendy had joined the other boys without complaining about the cold water.

The brunette sighs, looking back at Peter who was talking with a few other boys. He had listened to her and decided not to swim today, knowing that she would feel a little uncomfortable if all the boys found out about what they were doing last night.

Naomi frowned when her eye fell on Alex who looked a little bit down, she stood up from the rock and walked over to her best friend. She sat down next to him, "What's wrong?" She asked, noticing his strange behavior.

"Nothing," Alex sighed, throwing a small pebble on the water. "Just forget about it."

"No," Naomi says, getting closer to Alex and placing a hand on his bare shoulder, it was still wet because of the previous swimming the boy had done. "You're my best friend, I know when you're upset. So, tell me."

Alex sighs, looking down at the ground again, he knew that it was if no use to lie to her. She could see right through him, but a secret like his was not something you just say. The dark haired boy looked up again, frowning when he saw the two blondes standing very close to each other.

Naomi noticed the change in his eyes and followed the way he was looking at, frowning as she said, "Oh, god. Please don't tell me you've got a crush on Prissy."

"God, no." Alex scoffs in disbelief, not knowing how she could think that. He took a deep breath, before uttering the words, "Look, N, there is something I have to tell you." He paused and looked at her. "You have to promise not to tell anyone else, you're the first one I'm telling this to."