TWENTY FIVE

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE | NIGHTMARES

"Is this some kind of sick joke?" Baelfire scoffed at Naomi's remark, looking at her in disbelief.

"Well, I get that you are hoping it is but-unfortunately for you-it is not." Naomi said carelessly as she crossed her arms over her chest. She nudged his side with her foot and said, "Now, get up. We have to keep moving if you don't want him to find you."

The said boy resisted the urge to talk back to the brown haired girl in front of him and stood up slowly, wiping the dirt of off his clothes while looking at her.

He couldn't shake the weird feeling off, something about her was familiar.

"Are you going to keep staring at me like a creep or are we going to set up a camp?" Naomi said, maybe a little too harsh as she snapped her fingers in front of the boy's face.

"Sorry," Baelfire immediately apologized, "You look familiar, that's all."

Naomi frowned and squinted her eyes at the boy, he seemed familiar to her as well. But of course, she had not seen many people in her life besides the Lost Boys and her father's crew so it would make sense for her to remember somebody. But how the boy knew her was something she didn't know.

"Whatever, let's go." Naomi said curtly, she knew that she was being a little harsh on the poor boy. He had obviously been through a lot, but she just wanted to get this over with.

She started walking towards the other side of the Island, making sure to stay away from Peter's camp as far as possible. She unsheathed her sword and started cutting the leaves to make a path for both of them.

"You said we have to keep moving if we don't want him to find us," Baelfire asked softly, losing the battle to his curiosity. "Who is he?"

Naomi chuckled to herself, she kept her eyes on the path in front of her while she answered, "Ever heard of the name Peter Pan?"

"Peter Pan?" Baelfire questioned in shock, remembering everything his father had told him about the devilish boy.

"I believe that's what I said, yes." She answered sarcastically, not knowing how to act at the moment.

She knew that she had to be kind to the boy if she wanted to get him to trust her, but being kind to a complete stranger was fairly difficult to her. Of course she always had her plan B, which consists out of knocking the boy out cold and dragging him back with her.

But that was far too much work, and she didn't feel like dragging an unconscious boy with her.

Naomi stopped cutting the leaves and turned around, "Seeing your reaction, I assume you know him?"