Chapter 3 - Saved by Fire

Start from the beginning

She returned to find Loki curled up to top of a chair, sleeping peacefully. 

'How on earth did you get up there?' she muttered, cleaning the carpet. One she was done, she took a cushion and put it under the God. She then lay on the couch, watching TV. Suddenly her phone rang. She almost yelped fearing that Loki might wake. 

'Hey Clint,' Sersha said. 

'Hey babe. Was just wondering whether you're enjoying yourself with your... boyfriend or not,' Clint laughed. 

'It's not funny.' 

'Hell yeah it is.' 

'No it's not. Anyway, tomorrow's your turn, remember?' 

'Yes I do. But lemme add, if your boyfriend causes me any trouble, I'll kill him.' 

'Sure. And then Thor will come and electrocute you.'  

'Yeah yeah. But honestly, Sersha... I think Loki deserved it.' 

'Loki is not the one who's suffering, Clint. At present I am.' 

The archer laughed. 'What? You can't take care of a baby?' 

'Remind me again who came to me this morning saying he's afraid of a baby!' 

'I didn't say I was "afraid" of him.' Clint snapped. 

'You didn't need to say. The look on your face was clear. "Please Sersha I can't do it".' She laughed, mimicking his voice. 

'I don't speak that that!' 

But Sersha was too busy laughing, at which the archer got angry and hung up. 

'Clint? Clint?' Sersha called over the dead line. Sighing, she kept the phone on the table nearby and very soon dozed off. 

The sound of breaking glass woke Sersha. She was so startled that she fell off the couch. Sitting up, she saw what was broken. Her TV was a mess, broken glass lying everywhere on the carpet. Immediately she turned to Loki to find him sitting on the ground near the table, clapping his hands.  

'LOKI!! YOU broke my TV? Do you know how costly Smart TVs are? But how did you break it... ow no!' She looked towards the broken TV and literally screamed... or shall I say roared? Among the shreds of glass lay her broken i-phone.  

She turned to glare at Loki. 'You BROKE MY TV and MY PHONE!! I'll kill you. You hear that, Loki.' The God just giggled as an answer. 'This is NOT a joke! Why did you break my TV? And you found only my phone to throw? Really Loki, once you grow up, I am so going to ditch you. And you'll have to pay me. For now... go to sleep. GO, SLEEP!'  

Loki just stood staring at her with big eyes, pouting. 'Don't you dare use that puppy-face trick on me!' she warned. But Loki did not stir. Sersha glared at him for sometime but who can hate someone as cute as Loki... a baby Loki. Sersha pursed her lips, shaking her head in defeat. 'What do you want, Loki?' 

Loki flashed his teeth, stretching out his hands. 'Sasa!' 

She sighed, picking him up. Happily, Loki put his arms around her neck. 'Yeah yeah... I get it you love me. But you'll still have to pay for the TV and the phone. Anyway, what do you want to do now?' 

As an answer, Loki pointed towards the door. 

'O no! No way Loki. I'm NOT going outside with you.' Dissatisfied, Loki screamed at her ear. 'YOU - alright. Only five minutes.' She added, knowing well it was useless to argue with a tot. That too Loki!! 

So she took Loki out and just strolled around the streets, trying to avoid familiar faces. On the way, whole time Loki kept babbling in his baby language. At first Sersha was like 'Alright Loki, shut up. You're giving me headaches,' and 'Sorry but I don't speak baby.' And... as usual, the God looked terribly cute as he tried to converse with his "girlfriend" in ga-ga-s and go-go-s!