Diary Of A Teenage Mum

November 26th 2002-

It’s snowing outside, the front yard of my house is covered in a white blanket. I live in a two story house in England, my front yard is quite small with a fence around the edge, my back yard is a bit bigger then the front although the space is taken up by my daughters play set. The house is quite modern; most of the rooms have the same décor.

 The living room has cream wallpaper and a white carpet. There is a beige couch in the middle of the room; it faces the wall which has a flat screen TV on. Just in front of the couch is a glass coffee table which stands on a black rug. There are photo’s hanging on the wall of me and my daughter.

Our bedrooms are pretty much the same; we both have purple wallpaper and pink carpets, a princess bed and our own TV. The only difference is that mine has a computer and work stuff where as my daughters has a dolls house and a little table which she use’s when she wants to draw.

We haven’t lived in this house long, only about six months. We moved into this house because it was the one my mother picked for us to live in seem so she told me I couldn’t live with her. I’m a single mum as my daughters dad left me when I fell pregnant. I’m only 17, that’s just why my mum disowned me. The night she found out that I was pregnant she packed my bags and told me she was going to find me a house to live in on my own. I still remember our “conversation” as she called it.

*flash back*

Mum I have to tell you something. But don’t get mad ok?” I said as we sat on the couch in the living room, where we always sat when we had a serious conversation.

“Ok I promise.” She said calmly. I knew she was going to get mad anyway.

“i-i-m pregnant.” I stated. I watched her face turn angry.

“You’re what!!” she shouted.

“Pregnant. Mum you promised you wouldn’t get angry.” I said worriedly.

“Screw the promise.” She snapped “I want you out this house now!” she shouted as she stood up and walked quickly to my room.

I followed her all the way up and watched her throw my things into a suitcase.

“I’m going to ring the hotel and you are going to stay there until I find you a nice house you can live in.” she said with anger.

“But mum-“

“No butt’s I don’t care what you have to say!” she snapped as she picked up my suite case and carried it down stairs. You could hear her footsteps loud and clear as she stomped down them.

“Take this suite case and go to Golden Wings hotel. That’s where you will be staying till I find you a house.” She said as she handed me the suite case and pushed me out the door.

“Mum you cant-“she cut me of by slamming the door.

That was the last time me and my mum spoke.

*end flash back*

My daughter and I live here happily. She was born just after my 16th birthday exactly two months after I was thrown out. Most people would think a teenage mum wouldn’t be able to cope but I have had experience before. I got used to having to look after my self and my younger sister. I work in a restaurant down town while my daughter is at nursery, it’s pays well and because I don’t have to pay anything but the bills my daughter is quite spoilt but I say she deserves the best.

It was her birthday today. The only card she got was of me, my pathetic mother didn’t even bother to send her only granddaughter a card. Her dad doesn’t want anything to do with us, sure he had other reasons to leave me but he doesn’t even want to see his daughter. He doesn’t even give me money to help look after her.

My daughter has just turned one. She has light brown hair which is naturally curly, light blue eyes and the cutest smile you will ever see. She is always really happy and loves to play out side, even when it’s cold. She struggles to make friends though as she always keeps to her self, other mums have asked me if there is something wrong with her but there isn’t she is just shy.

Well it’s nearly 10P.M and my daughter is nicely tucked up in her warm princess bed. I’m sat down stairs on the couch with the TV playing in the background. It does get quite lonely around here when she is in bed but I have found ways to occupy my mind so I don’t dwell on them thoughts.

Its Wednesday tomorrow so my little angel is at nursery and i’m at work. I only wait tables and take orders while i’m there but the tips are quite good. I don’t work weekends as I can’t get a babysitter to look after my daughter, the weekends I spend with my daughter we always do something fun.

I should really be getting to bed by now but I love to write in my diary it’s a way of getting everything of my chest. No two days are the same I always  say. Sometimes I wish I could spend my days with someone I love but I don’t know if that day will ever come. I know i’m young but I have given up hope on finding my one true love. My best friend once told me that if you stop looking you will find your perfect match. Yeah that worked for her but now I don’t even speak to her anymore, I have no one but my lovely daughter.

Well I guess its time to hit the hay. Ill see what tomorrow brings.