purpose

"What is my purpose?! I don't belong here!" Her head dropped in defeat as tears began streaming down her soft cheeks.

He sighed and shook his head, chucking away his finished cigarette, before he rested his index finger under her chin and forced her to look up at him.

He blinked a couple times, before looking off to his side at the sunrise; searching for the right words to say.

"You do belong here." He began, looking back at her and maintaining eye contact. "Everyone has a purpose. Just because you haven't found your purpose, doesn't mean you don't have one."

She took a deep breath and looked at him. "I want to find my purpose. I've spent so long trying to find it, and all I have found is nothing but a worthless human being. Who am I? What was I born to be?" Her voice trailed off.

He brushed the hair from her face, tucking it behind her ear. Her piercing, azure blue eyes had a slight glimpse of hope; but only the slightest. If she didn't find what she was looking for soon, it would soon fade. He couldn't let that happen.

She had been destroyed enough, more out of her own stupidity; but he couldn't sit back and let her do it anymore.

He leaned in slowly, planting a soft kiss upon her lips. She didn't move from his grasp, but instead stood frozen.

He pulled away and placed his forehead on hers; his eyes refusing to part off hers.

"What were you born to be? You. You were born to be my wife."