I Wish You Were Here

Brady's P.O.V
I open my eyes to see the sun shining in my eyes. I get up and look out from the hot air balloon. I can see Kinkow appearing in the distance. That's wired.... the dark side is gone. I'll have to ask Boomer. That is if I he still wants to talk to me.

Its been 5 years since I left. Leaving was extremely hard, and it was one of the hardest decisions to make. I didn't leave just for Mikayla. I left for the whole island. Kinkow deserves a responsible and worthy king and that's what I set out to be.

I went back to school and graduated with honors. I then went to Harvard and got a major in marine biology and music. Neither are very helpful degrees, but I mean they're things I enjoy and I already have a job... at least I hope is still do.

I begin to descend the balloon. I land it in the area where all the other royal balloons are kept and begin the long trek to the village and then the palace. It's about 5 miles so I start to run. Before I left, I never would have been able to to run 5 miles, but after I moved back to Chicago,  I began to to workout and go to gym everyday.

I'm not as weak and puny as I used to be. I'm much stronger now. I finally make it to the village. I pull my hoodie over my head no one recognizes me. I'm looking around and I see a poster on a pole.

Kinkow Talent Show

Tonight 7-10 pm. 

I look through the names on the sign up sheet and see Mikayla's name on the list. It says she's singing. I had no idea she could sing. I guess that is the perfect time to let my family know I'm back.

I mean they may hate me but at least i'll see them again.

Mikayla's P.O.V

The show's tonight.  I'm really nervous. This will be the first time I'm really expressing my feelings about Brady and his leaving. 

I'm nervous but at the same time it's something I need to do. Maybe I'll finally be happy afterwards.

Its taken me three months to write and learn this song. I'm really nervous. I'm going to be on in about two hours. I am supposed to be the closing act.

I'm wearing a floral spaghetti strap tank top with shirt jean shots and sandals. I didn't really pick a special outfit.

I finish getting ready and I head down to the plaza to practice beefier tonight.

************************************************************************************

It's finally my turn. I pick up my guitar and walk out onto the stage and look out into the crowd. I a strange hooded figure out of the corner of my but I don't think much of it.

The crowd becomes silent and I begin to strum.

I can be tough
I can be strong
But with you, it's not like that at all

There's a girl
That gives a shit
Behind this wall
You've just walked through it

And I remember, all those crazy things you said
You left them running through my head
You're always there, you're everywhere
But right now I wish you were here

All those crazy things we did
Didn't think about it, just went with it
You're always there, you're everywhere
But right now I wish you were here

Damn, damn, damn,
What I'd do to have you
Here, here, here
I wish you were here
Damn, damn, damn
What I'd do to have you
Near, near, near
I wish you were here

I love the way you are
It's who I am, don't have to try hard
We always say, say it like it is
And the truth is that I really miss

All those crazy things you said
You left them running through my head
You're always there, you're everywhere
But right now I wish you were here

All those crazy things we did
Didn't think about it, just went with it
You're always there, you're everywhere
But right now I wish you were here

Damn, damn, damn
What I'd do to have you
Here, here, here
I wish you were here
Damn, damn, damn
What I'd do to have you
Near, near, near
I wish you were here

No, I don't wanna let go
I just wanna let you know
That I never wanna let go
Let go, oh, oh

No, I don't wanna let go
I just wanna let you to know
That I never wanna let go
(let go let go let go let go let go let go let go)

I begin to feel hot tears runs downy face.

Damn, damn, damn,
What I'd do to have you
Here, here, here
I wish you were here (i wish you were)
Damn, damn, damn
What I'd do to have you
Near, near, near
I wish you were here

Damn, damn, damn,
What I'd do to have you
Here, here, here
I wish you were here
Damn, damn, damn
What I'd do to have you
Near, near, near
I wish you were here.

I do a final strum and set the guitar down. "I am here Mikayla," I whip my head around to see the hooded figure.

He looked about average height, kinda strong and muscular. He pulls his hood off to reveal raven black hair and brown eyes.

I choke back a sob. "Brady?" I say. He nods. "I'm here and I'm not going anywhere." He takes a step towards me and without even thinking I throw my hands around his neck and pull him into a kiss. Immediately, he kisses back.

The crowd erupts into cheers. Boomer, Boz, andy dad come rushing onto the stage pulling us all into a group hug. I can't believe I finally have him back. My family is no longer broken and neither is my heart.

Song Credits: I Wish You Were Here by Avril Lavigne