My smile fell, "What?"

He just shook his head, "You're so stupid."

"No I'm not."

"You actually think he's going to flirt with you?" He asked, "Dom's just going to knock you on your butt."

"No he won't."

"Don't believe me? Just wait. You'll be crying by the time he's done with you." Noah looked somewhat amused. I couldn't tell if he was playing or not, and to be honest, I was scared he wasn't.

Dominic didn't seem like a rough guy, but then again, I didn't really know him that well. Could Noah actually be telling the truth...?

Hah, no.

I shook my head, "You just don't like him."

I turned my back towards Noah, and started for the doors. As soon as I got to them, I looked back over my shoulder.

"Besides, he can sweep me off my feet anytime he wants too."

*****

"I regret saying that." I said, turning my head to watch Noah laugh at me as I laid down, sprawled across the black mat Don used to train me on.

Dominic extended his hand towards me, "If you want to stop, just say so."

I grabbed his hand and let him pull me up. As much as I wanted to stop, I also didn't want Noah to think I was weak and that he was better than me.

Yes, he was better than me. But he doesn't need to know that I think that. Stubbornness is the key to beating him in the end.

I gave the fakest, genuine smile I possibly could. "Why would I want to stop?"

Dom smiled, "I knew I liked you for a reason."

He walked over to the table set up behind him, opening up a large suitcase shortly after. When the flap fell down beside him, and he backed away- my mouth dropped.

Inside the case, were several sharp, shiny, and neatly polished weapons.

"By Friday, you're going to have to know how to use all of these properly." He said, "I know it seems intimi-"

"Absolutely not." I interrupted him. Both Dom, and Noah looked taken back.

"I'm sorry..." Dom didn't follow.

"I am NOT learning how to use those." I crossed my arms, "Are you crazy? I'm not planning on killing anyone."

"It's for self defense, Ava." Noah butted in, hopping over the railing that separated the mat from the bleachers placed for people to watch.

"Then teach me how to punch a guy- but I refuse to learn how to use a gun- or a knife- or whatever else is in that case." I stated, making myself pretty clear.

Dominic's rubbed his forehead, "Ava- we've all had to learn it."

"And I'm not even one of you." I reminded him, "Therefore, I will not learn how to use a gun."

Dominic didn't know what to do. He stood there with his mouth open, shocked at how much I'm refusing. "You have to-"

"No she doesn't." Noah snapped, sharply cutting Dominic off. Dominic bit his tongue and lowered his eyes to the floor. "If she doesn't want to use a gun, she doesn't have to."

This time, it was my turn to be shocked. Why was Noah defending me?

I must've been giving him an odd look, because as soon as he looked at me, he looked really appalled.

That's when he added, "But you're only hurting us some more, so congratulations."

Noah didn't stick around much longer. After that little outburst, he was gone. Dominic and I just gave each other this confused look. Noah was complicated that way.

"Just watch me real fast." He picked up the smallest gun, diligently loading it. "You won't need to know how to load a gun, because I doubt you'll even need it- but just in case you have to shoot it...."

He held the gun with both of his hands, one of his fingers on the trigger. "You'll slide this back..... aim at your target...... and then pull."

He pulled the trigger, and a bullet went flying across the room, landing directly in the middle of an x painted over a black shadow's heart.

"That's all you really need to know for now." He said, taking the gun apart again, and placing it back in the case.

"Have you ever been shot." I blurted out.

Dom nodded, "Once."

"Did it hurt?"

"More than you can imagine."

"Could I get shot?"

He shrugged, "If you're not careful."

And at that moment, I wanted to cry. We all know that I'm the LEAST careful person in the whole entire world.

So basically, I'm going to die.

****

Couple Undercoverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें