Aren't I supposed to be indestructible? Maybe I'm just battered up right now because my powers are still developing. I didn't even realize I was capable of such abilities until Clark trained me himself.

I look terrible, but I'm alive, and so is Robin. For that I was grateful.

The questions ran through my mind. I was so confused. An abrupt knock on the bathroom door froze time in its place, stilling me in my position.

"Amber, you in there?" It was Robin. I sucked in a huge breath. 

"Yeah. I'll be right out," I said, keeping my voice light and even. I honestly had to try with everything in me to bring my voice to life. Those first two screams this morning could have possibly fractured my larynx.

I looked down at my hands. They were shaking. I was breathing in fear.

Calm down, girl. Robin's waiting for you just outside that door. Talk to him. Clear things up. I then realized why I was so afraid.

I admit, I was a little scared of what happened last night, but that wasn't what had my nerves wired.

It didn't feel like a threat, so why am I afraid? Oh, wait. I did what I was afraid to do - I kissed Robin last night. I remember that. Just before Slade was about to finish me, I kissed him. Crud, I really shouldn't have been so bold last night. What if he doesn't even like me!? 

It's stupid, how long it takes me to figure out how I really feel. I took too long to figure out my feelings for him.

"Amber, are you okay?" I heard him ask. I opened the door to the hall bathroom.

I was so surprised at Robin's appearance I lost my own balance.

Robin managed to catch me and take me to my bedroom, laying me down on my bed. 

"Here, let's get you back to bed," he started, putting too much pressure on my injured side. I yelped in pain, jumping out of his hold as I landed on my bed. 

"I'm sorry," he immediately apologized.

His torn suit had been replaced with a new one, luckily. But his face...He had a swollen left eye, from what his mask showed me. Scratches and bruises covered him as well. I didn't know I had been staring for so long until he spoke again.

"Are you okay?" Robin asked.  

"U-ummm.." I stuttered, laughing nervously, "I'm confused. What exactly happened after last night? After we 'fought' Slade?"

I looked down at my shaking hands. I folded them together, so I wouldn't look so nervous and afraid. 

"You were so exhausted and worn out that by the time Cyborg ran tests on us, you collapsed trying to get to your room. I carried you to your room and I left."

My eyes widened, and I felt so stupid at that moment. 

"Why? Is something wrong?" I looked up at Robin in shock.

I was dreaming the entire time. Robin and I never kissed. That was only in my dreams...Wait, we did kiss! 

But in a way I'm glad. Because he hasn't mentioned that kiss, I wouldn't have to regret it later. 

I sighed. That's all we'll ever be. Friends.

"Your hands are shaking, what is it?" I looked up at Robin, and back down at my shaking hands. Ugh, could my morning hit me any harder!?

"I...I...don't know, I can't explain it." I looked down at my hands. I was afraid. I just wasn't sure how to say it without showing my vulnerability.