Chapter One:

The beeping of the alarm clock rang through Sam's ears, early on Wednesday. Meaning only one thing. Socialising. He pulled himself out of his bed and slipped on his clothes from yesterday after sniffing them to make sure they didn't smell too bad. After getting dressed he made his way downstairs and to the dining room where his mother had placed his breakfast. He quickly ate his breakfast, giving his father a hug and his mother a kiss on the cheek before wordlessly leaving for school.
Walking into the school Sam silently made his way into the Library, taking his seat at the back of the room. Pulling out his sketchbook and drawing, the bell signalizing class rung. He closed his sketchbook with a groan, shoving it in his bag as he stood from his seat and exited the library. He glanced at the small Tattoo on his inner wrist. It was a small flower surrounded by thorns. On the inner wrist of his other arm was his 'soulmate's' Tattoo, a snake coiled around a star. You only got your soulmate's tattoo when you meet them. Meaning Sam had no fucking idea who it was because at school you meet a shit ton of people. Some people will go on to never find their soulmates, others find their soulmates really easily.
"SAM!" The boy heard, he turned around to see a girl he didn't recognize running up to him. "Sam?" She asked the boy nodded. "It's me, Kate." She said, Sam's eyes slightly widened and he smiled.
"It's been what, Seven years?" Sam asked Kate smiled. "Did you get adopted by cool parents?" He asked her, a huge, face-splitting grin grew on her face.
"YUP! You know Green Day? My dads are kinda like Billie Joe Armstrong and Mike Dirnt. Its weird, they almost look exactly like them, then there's uncle Frank. He's exactly like Tre Cool. It's weird." Kate said. Sam smiled a genuine smile. It had been so long since he was able to smile like that. He was glad Kate was back. Kate glanced down and noticed Sam's soulmate's tattoo. 

"Who's the lucky guy or gal?" She asked, taking his arm in her hand and examining the tattoo.
"No idea. It just appeared on the first day of school. I met so many people that day, I don't know who it belongs to." He sighed, he didn't really care for all this soulmate bullshit, mainly because he had this stupid crush on Owen, the star quarterback, the ladies man, the boy who lives for social events and attention, practically the opposite of Sam. It was a bullshit little crush all because Sam ran into Owen. Owen just smiled, helped him up, picked up his books and said 'you alright, little lamb?'. Sam snapped out of his thoughts when Kate poked him.
"You alright dude?" She asked he nodded. 
"Yeah, just got caught up in my thoughts. Why?" He replied Kate gave him a deadpan look.
"We have to go to class, the bell just rang you moron." She said like it was obvious. Sam nodded, gathering his stuff so the two could head off to class together.