Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

Daniel and I continue to walk around for another hour or so. We go into a few other stores but don't end up buying anything. We actually get kicked out of Dick's Sporting Goods after Daniel chased a cashier around on one of the tricycles and refused to get off. It was at that point that we decided it was time to head home so that's where we're going right now. We pull into their very long driveway and I'm about to get out but I pause when I see a moving van. I look over at Daniel who's staring at it from his seat and he just looks back with a similar look of confusion. 

I climb out of his car and run up the steps to his house. I walk into the house and up the stairs before running down the very long hallway. I freeze up when I see a bunch of boxes sitting outside of Scott's room. My eyes widen when he walks out of the room carrying another giant box. 

"What're you doing?" I ask and my voice cracks a little bit when it comes out. Scott freezes and looks up at me. He shakes his head at me with a very forlorn look on his face. He simply sets the box down next to all of the other boxes before walking back into his room. "I immediately jog after him and walk into his room. 

When I walk into his room my heart stops as I completely grasp what is happening. His room is completely bare with the exception of a few boxes littering the room. Everything is gone.

"You don't have to do this," I grit out as he walks past me. He's still giving me the silent treatment as he walks out of the room and leaves me behind. I quickly follow behind him . "Scott talk to me."

He continues to ignore me as I follow him down the stairs. He walks outside and over towards the moving van, I see a couple of guys hop out the back of it as he talks to them. They nod before walking into the house, probably going to retrieve the rest of his stuff. 

"Scott," I grab his arm and force him to look at me after he sets the box into the back of the moving van. 

"What!" He shouts yanking his arm away from me and glaring at me. His eyes are bloodshot red as he glares at me. "What could you possibly want Abigail? Haven't you done enough."

"Um," my heart aches a little bit when I realize that he used my full name. I don't think I've ever heard Scott use my actual name in any way that wasn't a joking matter. "Please don't go."

"Is that all?" He asks smiling in a very menacing way at me. "Cause I'm still leaving."

"Don't do this Scott," I quickly shake my head. "Don't try to run away, we need to talk about this. You leaving isn't going to help us at all."

"Oh so now you wanna talk?" He chuckles and nods in understanding. "Cause when we were together it didn't even seem like you wanted to be around me. "

"That's not true," I turn around when I hear footsteps. I see the guys that walked into the house earlier walking out now with all of Scott's boxes in the hands. I quickly turn around as I realize that I'm running out of time. But Scott isn't standing where he was five seconds ago, instead he's on his way to the driver's side of the moving van. "Scott, c'mon at least talk to me. I know it's my fault, but I was busy at least give me the benefit of the doubt."

"I've given you the benefit of the doubt a million times before Abby," he says turning on his heel and glaring at me again. "Stop trying to blame this all on your stupid job, we both know that you could've tried harder but you didn't. You've used up every chance that I'm willing to give you."

Before I can say anything else he's turning his back on me and climbing into the moving van. I stand there hopelessly and watch as all of the moving guys finish loading all of his boxes into the back of the van. I sigh deeply as I watch him pull out of the driveway and leave me behind. My heart breaks little by little with every foot he drives away, until it completely breaks when he's out of sight. 

Tears begin to stream down my face again as I rub at my face furiously. I shouldn't be able to cry about any of this right now, it's all my fault anyways. I take in a deep breathe and hang my head back, looking up at the sky. The sun is out without any clouds blocking it, I hear the sound of birds chirping around me, and butterflies roam throughout the sky. 

How come I feel so terrible on such a beautiful day?

I turn around and walk back inside the house, my shoulders slumped as I make my way into the house. I slowly make my way into the kitchen, feeling like I just need to disappear from all of this. When I get into the kitchen I see Daniel sitting on the counter with a sad smile on his face when he sees me. He raises an eyebrow at me in question and I nod at him before answering. 

"He's gone."

.-.-.-.-.-.-.

I feel like this chapter took a lot more work to write than my chapters usually do. I knew what I wanted to write in it but I had no idea how to execute it, so tell me what you guys think cause I don't know how I feel about it. Anyways, I'm hoping to update soon but these next four weeks are pretty full of stuff that I have to do. Today is my friend's 16th birthday party, next week I'm volunteering, the week after that I'll be in Disney for spring break, then the week after that our mandatory state testing starts. So I'll be taking the PSAT that week, wish my luck. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!!

Will Abby ever be able to change Scott's mind?

Is there anyone out there for Daniel? :()

Will these chapters ever get longer? (probably not)

Do you guys still prefer Scott's P.O.V?

Will Scott ever pee on Abby?

Instagram: lilchocolatedonut

Snapchat: momo36235

Vote

Comment

Follow

Fan