Chapter Three

Chapter Three; The Ruthless Prince

The castle was fairly far from the auction house. It seemed to be surrounded by woods. The road to the castle was windy. The breeze pushed past the cell bars and the cold made me shiver. Everyone had fallen asleep a while ago, after the guards driving the carriage told us it would be a long ride. I was the only one who had stayed up. I needed to know the route out of here to get back home. If wanted to escape I would have to know my way out of here. All I wanted was to find a way back home and not be in Meria. I would have to play by the rules.

My father always told me to be strong. He would tell my brothers and sisters the same thing, although he would look at me and say it with much more passion. As if he thought I was good enough to be the best warrior in my tribe. Not once did he doubt me, even when I continued to fail mock trials he would help me back up and told me I'd do better next time.

✿ღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღღ✿

I fell from the largest tree in the woods with a scream. I tried to catch a branch before I hit the ground but I would either miss grabbing the branch or it would break. I was nearing the ground in what seemed to be slow motion. I closed my eyes and awaited my death. There was no pain. I felt nothing but warmth, there was no hard ground or mossy floor of the woods.

I opened my eyes and looked up to see my father holding me bridal style. A low chuckle escaped his lips, "You will do better next time."

heart-shaped every time. However, I never got discouraged. He set me down, I felt the moss between my toes as soon as my feet hit the ground. I took off in a run, shouting throughout the woods to my siblings. "Whoever makes it home last has to sleep in the mud pit for a whole night!

"You're on!" yelled a voice from a nearby tree. A voice that could only belong to your older brother and the second to last youngest sibling, Gaelin. With Gaelin being in the trees I knew he'd be fast. He was the best at navigating in the trees, he was faster too. I picked up your pace before the twins could be heard behind me.

"We're going to beat you!" Noa and Aon yelled in unison, as they zoomed past me with happy giggles. They were the second oldest of the siblings.

Saida was the oldest, she was best at ranged combat, but she was also fast. She had long (H/C) locks that reached the back of her knees when down. She usually tied it up into a bun so it would not get in her way. She had olive skin and sparkling hazel eyes. She had a strong build and she was very tall. She was usually void of any emotion and refused to marry, despite her parent's wishes, the boys who asked to marry her often, and the fact that she was eighteen.

Noa and Aon were twins, however, they were not identical. Noa was a pretty blonde with magenta eyes and a heart shaped face, her eyes were big and she had pretty bow-shaped lips. Her hair was cut short to match her brothers. She was almost as tall as Saida. Aon was a short boy with shoulder length hair and a small fringe to the left of his face, matching his sister's hair exactly. He was a scrawny boy with a round face and lavender eyes. They were both kind and had a lot of energy. They were good at close combat and their negotiation skills were great. They would make great warriors although they were only sixteen.

Tasar, the fourth child, had sandy blonde hair and a very small face. He was a petite boy and he was very quiet. His face seemed like he was constantly sad, but he was quite the opposite. He was cheery, but he was shy and always lost in thought. He was a runner, no one was faster than him on the ground, his small body helped him jump around and over obstacles with ease. At the age of only fifteen, he was already being recruited for the Xe Guard.