33-The End Of The Year

Start from the beginning

"It doesn't have the same ring" she commented. "I'll have to ask​ Halley to be Vice-Cap... Vice-Captain Derwent sounds all the more snazzy... I kid, I kid!" she giggled, as James looked horrified. "You're a hero, man. I wouldn't swap you out for the world. However bad your name sounds..."

"Get lost, Porcupine."

Squealing with laughter, Sephy was escorted in front of everyone else, and the Fat Lady swung open to reveal the Gryffindor common room decked out in red and gold banners, with tables of gorgeous food nearly the width of the room. There were tanks of Butterbeer in one corner, and  someone had put some music on.

"PAAAARRTTAAAY!" someone yelled, as the Quidditch team were deposited back on the floor. The food was devoured, and the music turned up loud. Sephy found herself in the place of honour, on the largest chair in the common room, the Quidditch Cup still on her lap, with her friends gathered around her and the rest of the Quidditch team on the rest of the sofas.

"Sephy, you're a bloody legend!" Samantha called, beaming from ear to ear. "This team is gonna go down in history!"

"Butterbeer?" Sirius asked merrily. "I brought a flagon. Let's put it in the Cup..."

"No!" Halley tried to yell, but Sirius was not to be stopped.

"The whole team has to drink Butterbeer from the Cup!" he proclaimed loudly. "Captain first!"

Sephy, cackling with laughter, complied willingly, then passed to James, who drank half the liquid before passing it to Halley.

"Cheers!" she yelled to everyone, before downing a few mouthfuls and passing to Kennedy, who took a huge gulp and passed it to the Carter twins.

"For Nash, Orson, Bleu and GRYFFINDOR!" Kennedy yelled. "This is their victory as much as ours!"

"And Jonesie!" Sirius chipped in.

"Everybody raise your glasses!" Kennedy hollered over the music and the chat. "Raise your glasses for the fallen heroes! NASHVILLE, ORSON, BLEU AND JONESIE!"

"FOR NASHVILLE, ORSON, BLEU AND JONESIE!" everyone hollered, and flagons of Butterbeer went up all around the room, and some of them didn't come down.

"Wheeeeey-Oh, Jonesie-boy!" Sephy yelled, and they sung that chant a couple of times through, spurred on by the Butterbeer.

"Speech!" Sirius then hollered. "CAPTAIN CARDALE NEEDS TO GIVE A SPEECH! SHUT UP!"

Sephy was grabbed from her chair and hoisted up onto a cabinet-top, where she wobbled precariously and sat down, Butterbeer tankard in hand,  with her her legs dangling and bouncing off the doors of the cupboard.

"Jesus-thanks, everyone" she laughed. "I...er... Don't really know what to say which hasn't already been said!"

There was some laughter, but the common room was now all watching Sephy intently.

Sirius passed Halley a mini doughnut.

"Erm, yeah" Sephy stalled. "I'm a bit lost for words as to what we've achieved today. I get that it means a lot more to those in sixth and seventh year-"

"Too right!" Knightly yelled slightly tipsily from the back. "I'm proud to have been here!'

"I'm proud to have played for you, Knightly, man" Sephy grinned amicably. "In fact, the whole of this new Gryffindor side. Every single one of us played with the pride of the Gryffindor lion in their hearts..."

"Cheesy!" Sirius heckled playfully, from the sofa arm next to Halley.

"I'd like to see you do better, Sirius!" Sephy retorted. "This is my second rousing speech of the day. Anyhow" she carried on, to giggles from the crowd. "I'm not quite sure how we did it. The odds were so firmly stacked against us. Yet we did. And because of that, this year, and this team will go down in history. And I hope every single one of you, whether you're first year or seventh year, will remember this moment in times of struggle."