1-New Year, New Plans

Five Years Later:

"Tell me, Halley Derwent" James Potter asked wickedly, as Samantha and Halley sat with him, Remus, Sirius and Peter at the Gryffindor table, on the morning of the first day back of their fifth year. "Where do you think the pint-sized pocketrocket is today?"

"Sephy will be fine, Potter" Halley sighed, rolling her eyes and sneaking a frustrated glance at Samantha next to her. The six of them'd had a cheering match the previous night as the new first-years had been Sorted into their houses, a match which ended with Sirius kissing a rather unfortunate young Gryffindor boy on both cheeks, and telling him with an exuberant flourish that he had joined the best house at Hogwarts before presenting him with a red rose, and swiftly being dragged away by Halley and James before he'd had time to propose marriage. Naturally, they were all a little hoarse this morning.

"Or she's been expelled already" Remus whispered hopefully. It seemed he had been the most affected by the previous night's antics, and could barely speak above his breath. Samantha still threw a croissant at him.

"Behave yourself, Remus" James smirked. "Wherever Pompom is now, she won't be far away."

"Speak of the devil" Peter chipped in, hoarsely, pointing. The six of us looked to the door, and sure enough, Sephy was strutting down the aisle, obviously enjoying the attention she was getting, and with her chocolate coloured hair now a vibrant shade of purple at the ends.

"Morning, ladies and ladies!" she greeted flippantly, with a smooth hair flick.

"Morning, Popadom" James replied, quick as a wink. Sephy's hair landed awkwardly across her face as she scowled at him.

"And where have you been, young lady?" Sirius asked, sounding suspiciously like a mother hen.

"Well" Sephy smirked, with a sly wink, sliding down into the seat between Halley and James. "Wouldn't you just love to know?"

"You weren't on the train" Samantha pointed out bluntly. "We all thought you'd been expelled."

At this point, Sirius interjected with a coughing fit that sounded an awful lot like the word 'hoped'. Sephy glared at him.

"I won't tell you, then."

She swished her hair around her shoulders, blocking Sirius out with her purple locks and turning to face Halley.

"Where have you been, Sephy?" Samantha asked again, just as bluntly as last time. Sephy sighed dramatically and spun back around, resting her chin on one hand as everyone leant in.

"I've been hunting around in my grandmother's big old library" she muttered. "And look!"

She drew from her robes the carefully torn out page of a library book. Samantha stifled a squeal.

"Seph, you can't  rip out pages from library books!" she hissed angrily, but Sephy rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"I'll put it back this Christmas holidays, Sammie, don't be a worry wart. Anyway, read."

James snatched the paper from Sephy's hands and skim-read it.

"Pompom, you're a genius" he whispered under his breath. "You've found out where we've been going wrong!"

"With what?" Peter asked confusedly, as Halley, in her excitement, grabbed the page off James and also read it through quickly.

"Peter, you can be so thick sometimes" she sighed frustratedly, as she read, her eyes lighting up along the way.

"Parsnip's found where we went wrong with the Animagus process!" James hissed, as Halley, beaming, passed the page to Sirius, who was shaking with excitement.