Catching Up

Seeing Catherine (or Roxie as that guy called her) again was not at all what I expected of my trip. To be honest, I never really liked Catherine. She was always the type of girl who would laugh in the background as her football team captain boyfriend threw punches. I even remember her throwing a few punches herself.
As I looked at her, though, I couldn't see any visible trace of that girl anymore. Those green eyes that used to sparkle with the horrible sense of malice were now dull and defeated. Her beautiful Snow White black hair was now dyed a trashy blonde. And then there were her cloths, they were so tiny that they didn't even looked like they fit. I didn't even recognize her, at all. Not to mention, that bizarre encounter between her and the unknown man. Why the hell had he called her Roxie? I think I would've remembered if she said that she changed her name in the conversation!
Despite all of this, I still followed her through the mass of people on the sidewalk towards the restaurant. She had mentioned a Hardee's about (according to her) five minutes away. So finally, after about half an hour of walking, we reached the glorious Hardee's.
"We're here!" She said, throwing her arms up dramatically.
"Finally! I thought you said it wasn't that far!" I laughed.
"Not that far for me, but apparently your out of shape," she laughed the same demented laugh I remembered. I tried to ignore her antics and decided to quietly walk inside. It was stupid; pI know it was. I wasn't that awkward boy anymore. I was a respectable man. I didn't need her approval.
"Hey man, wait up!" She yelled as I heard her feet pounding against the blacktop.
"Sorry," I sighed. I slowed down just enough to let her catch up and then held the door open as we walked inside. After we both ordered and received our food we sat down.
       "So how's life been treatin' ya," asked Catherine plopping a fry into her mouth.
       "Good. You?" I asked, only to be polite.
       "Great! So, ya got anyone special back home?" She asked, smiling, causing me to almost chock on my pop due to her bluntness.
       "Um, no- no I don't," I finally got out.
       "Ah well, I'm surprised someone like yourself doesn't already have a ring on your finger. I was always surprised you weren't more popular in high school," she smiled.
       "Yeah, well I wasn't really a prize back then," I told her.
       "Well I thought you were and still are," she smirked.
       "Look Catherine, I sorry, but but why are you even talking to me right now. I mean, we weren't exactly friends in high school," I finally asked.
       "Is it so bad to change?" She responded cryptically.