Reunion

It was just another day on Hollywood Boulevard. I was walking up and down the streets getting countless catcalls. I hated this; I hated that this was my life. But there was nothing I could do, I had to make money and no one was hiring. I had completely given up.
       I was walking down the streets when I suddenly felt myself falling. I had tripped on my damn heels. I tried to pick myself up, but it seemed that someone else had other plans. A man had held his pale hand out to me and was trying helping me stand. "Thanks baby," I told the man, using the soft voice that I always used on the job.
       "No problem," it was after he said this that I finally looked up into his eyes. I knew him. I could never forget his face. No matter how hard I had tried to over the years I couldn't get those sparkling brown eyes and perfectly styled brown hair out of my mind. It was Lennon, Lennon Jones.
       Lennon and I had gone to school together since we were five. He was the geeky kid that no one really talked to. He wore huge glasses that took over his entire face and wore button ups and khakis every day. I knew he was bullied in high school, hell I had done some of the bulling myself, but he was always a sweet guy. To be honest I wish I was nicer to him. If I was maybe I  wouldn't be in this crappy situation.
       Looking at him now, though, there was no almost no trace of that awkward teen. He still had the same eyes and hair, but everything else was different. He lost those tacky glasses and gained contact lenses, and instead of the button ups and khakis he wore a beautifully tailored black suit.
       "L-Lennon, is that you?" I finally asked.
       "Um, yes," he slowly said, "who are you?" It hurt that he didn't recognize me, but truthfully I hardly recognized myself.
       "It's me, Cathrine, remember, Catherine Smith!" I said excitedly, waving my hands around for emphasis.
       "Oh yeah! What are you up to? I almost didn't recognize you!" He responded enthusiastically.
       "I'm good! I'm, uh-" crap, how was I supposed to tell him that I was a damn hooker, "I'm in- uh- public service?" My statement came out as more of a question than a fact.
       "Oh wow! Good for you!" It was obvious that he didn't entirely buy it.
       "Well, what are you up to?"
       "Law, I work for Morgan and Faith up in NYC," he said like I should have know who Morgan and Faith were.
       "That's great! I always knew you would do well for yourself," I confessed.
       "What's up Roxie," some random guy interrupted, coming up behind me to grope my ass, "wanna have some fun?"
       "Does it look like I'm in business asshole," I snapped.
       "Screw you!" The unknown man said walking away.
       "Sorry about that," I said, looking up into Lennon's horrified eyes.
       "N-no worries, but- uh- what was that?" He asked with huge eyes.
       "Ah, just business," I tried to cover up, "wanna go get some lunch? Maybe we can catch up some more."
       "Uh, yeah, yeah sure," he complied.