When She Broke His Heart

Edward

It's been hour since that incident happen and I am here right now drinking on this bar hoping to ease the pain that killing me right now.. Trying to forget the event that happened today.. Trying to forget her face..

Maingay sa bar na ito, the loud music is getting all the attention of the people and they can't even here each other not unless they are going shout on each other's ears, but as for me it is like the whole world is on mute.. There is no sound.. No other sound other than the words that she said a few hours ago that keep on repeating on my head.. Like a broken CD that keeps on playing on a particular part of the song where it broke.. Paulit-ulit, masakit sa tenga, masakit sa puso..

Why? Simula nung umalis ako sa lugar na yon hanggang ngayon na nilulunod ko ang sarili ko sa alak, I still cannot get the answer to that damn question. Pilit kong hinahalungkat sa alaala ko kung may ginawa ba akong mali for her to treat me this way.. Tinungga ko ang natitirang tequila na nasa baso ko at muli akong nag order sa bartender.. I can feel the effect of alcohol kicking on my system but it did nothing to this damn hole on my chest and again the event earlier played on my mind..

6 hours ago...

I am busy preparing the romantic date that I set up.. I am paying attention even on the smallest detail.. I want everything to be organize and perfect. I want the very best for her, for my future girlfriend, my girl..

Just the thought of her made me smile like an idiot.. She made me like this since I met her nung una ayoko sa babaeng maingay so when I first met her I honestly didn't like her, but she is so persistent, she will never leave me alone until I just woke up one day that I cannot stand a day without hearing her voice. I cannot stand a day without seeing her and I cannot live without her.. So tonight I will make it official.. I will make her mine.. I will make my MayMay mine...

I look at my wrist watch to check the time it reads 7:57 p.m. Just three minutes Edward and the love of your life will be yours at last!

7:58.... 7:59.... Until the waiter comes in and announce that MayMay is already here.. I made a quick assessment of myself on the glass door to check if I look perfect before looking on the direction of the door where MayMay will enter..

And there she is.. On her light blue short dress, wedge and light make up, she looks like an angel that sent from above to make the human kind happy by her mere presence.. She is the most beautiful woman for me.. My MayMay..

Sinalubong ko siya and kiss her cheek before guide her on the table and help her to settle on her seat..

"Ano bang meron Edward? Bakit kailangang ipasundo mo pa ako from Manila?"

Edward? She is calling me Edward and not Dong, or even Edwardo.. But I let it pass.. Ayokong masira ang gabi namin..

"What do you think of this place?" All smiling while waiting for her reaction.. But it did not came.. She just stared at me without any emotion showing on her beautiful face.. definitely not the emotion that I am expecting..

"I'm sure you're hungry.. The food is ready, they will serve it in no time.."

Again I am expecting to see her eyes shine on the mention of food but nothing.. Just the same blank stare like earlier..

"May problema ba May? Hindi ko mapigilang naitanong sa kanya.. Umiling lang siya bilang pagtanggi..

"Kumain na tayo.."

Napahinga na lang ako ng malalim.. I do not want everything to be ruined... This is all for her..

Habang kumakain kami, I can feel that she keep on glancing on me and giving me weird looks.. Nag angat ako ng tingin para salubungin ang mata niya..

Parang bahagyang nagulat ang reaksyon niya.. at may lungkot? This is the first reaction that she show on her face since she arrived earlier.. But it was gone immediately as if I just imagined it.. Funny, MayMay is the most transparent person that I've known, sobrang dali para sa kanino mang mabasa ang nararamdaman niya.. But the girl in front of me now is different.. This girl is hiding her emotion so well that her face look so blank and dead..

"May-

"Edward, I have to tell you something.."

And in that moment, she breaks everything on me. My chance, My dreams and my heart..

Hindi ko alam kung pano ko pa nakuhang matawa sa nararamdaman ko ngayon, my tears are falling from my eyes but I am laughing.. I feel crazy.. Ganito nga siguro ang pakiramdam ng mga baliw, they are laughing on their missery. They are laughing on their stupidity. They laughing to their broken hearts..

Is everything is just for a show?

"You are cruel MayMay, you are so cruel.."