z e r o

𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐎 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑—𝚠𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚎, 𝚟𝚒𝚛𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚊—

𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐎 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑
—𝚠𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚎, 𝚟𝚒𝚛𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚊—

     𝐍𝐎 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐖 why he left, but one thing was for sure; he wasn't coming back. The tides of the growing waters near Westbrooke had sank that day, and a thin layer of sheer ice covered the feurds. His mother hadn't taken a second glance at the frozen dew outside, already knowing what he was capable of.

But how could it have happened so fast? Westbrooke had been known for its warmth, and cozy little houses that spread throughout the small town. It wasn't really a town, though, as few families lived there.

Most had called it 'a paradise, great enough to topple Florida', but Miri Mason knew that it was so much more than that. She knew that one day, her son would change their minds for good, and all of the future would shift.

She understood his reasonings for leaving, but not why. Why he had left her alone, in a town full of nothing, when he could've stayed with her, in the comfort of their own home.

He knew what he was capable of, but she didn't.

Although she watched her son carefully, she had never truly saw the changes. How, slowly, blue designs of permanent ink would begin to etch up the skin of his arms. How his touch began to get colder, to the point that he wore gloves so that no one would notice. How his blue eyes would sparkle a little more every day, and grow more blue than they already were.

To Miri, her son was much more than a normal boy. So much more, without bringing in the fact that his hair was a pure white, and dazzling to all. And on the day her son left her alone for good, without so much as a letter to say goodbye, reality hit her head-on.

And although the fairytale has been whispered since, no one in Westbrooke really knew the truth. Why had he left such an amazing life behind?

But Miri knew exactly why Frost left.

_______