Rostelecom cup: Yuri vs Yuuri the horror!

The plane jiggled and jumped about, buffeted by turbulence galore. I ignored the clouds flitting past the windows in favor of complaining mentally and attempting to not end up staring at Yuri.

The turbulence and cramped seats were not at all comfortable and/or comforting. Yuri was, however. He had fallen asleep on my shoulder about an hour into the flight and the soft snores were cute, if not distracting. The show playing on my phone was far less captivating in comparison.

It had been a week since Skate Canada and Yuri and I had spent that time running about St. Petersburg and training like crazy in-between avoiding Yakov and Lilia's wrath.

Charlie had accompanied us a few times, dashing around various book shops and squealing when she found a good novel.

I swear, that girl could inhale books. It's was absolutely terrifying.

I shifted my concentration from the clouds outside my window to the screen in front of me. Two characters fought over a child, one saying it would be best to send her away, the other claiming it wouldn't be very good for the other.

Yuri woke up slowly, then. First it was a yawn, then a few blinks like he was pushing the haze away with just the force of his eyelids. Yuri's green eyes focused entirely on the screen once he realized what was playing and soon enough his hand was clenched around the lower part of my right arm and tightened whenever a plot twist would arrive.

I squirmed slightly, uncomfortable with his ever-tightening grip. The episode ended abruptly and Yuri shifted his head to watch his screen as if in wait, but not before running his hand through my hair.

It had grown out slightly, roots still a little yellowish in comparison to the ask blonde the rest had become after cycles of bleaching and conditioning over the course of a few weeks.

Charlie just said that she would get some toner and fix it up when they settled down again. Silver was not an easy color to maintain.

The plane's wheels touched the ground roughly, bouncing the main body of the plane hard, causing my hand to fly up and press against the seat in front of me.

"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for flying with us. We hope to see you very soon," the captain's voice came over the intercom as I leaned forward to Charlie's seat in front of me.

I reached two fingers through between  the seats while Yuri stood up, collecting his leopard print back pack. I tapped Charlie's shoulder and immediately she turned to face me.

"He sounds really nice," she whispered to me, keeping her voice down so Meela wouldn't hear her. I nodded in agreement.

"He could be a professional singer with that kind of depth," I added.

I stretched my arms above my head as our ragtag group got off the plane. Yakov and Lilia both walked together, conferring quietly with Alex by their side.

They seemed to have gotten quite close, bonding over the stress of nearly-parenting a group of ridiculous teenagers and young adults.

Next came Meela and Charlie, both dragging their suitcases behind themselves. Yuri and I brought up the rear, Yuri's hand clutching mine.

He wasn't big on PDA. Handholding and some physical contact was all he permitted outside of private spaces and I respected that. I rubbed the top of his hand gently with my thumb in reassurance.