Beginning

My breath mingled with another, gasps coming simultaneously. Our bodies stood close together, body heat mingling through sweaty clothing. The rink was silent, only us on the ice. There were no other patrons at the rink at this hour. London wasn't a sleepy city, but it certainly wasn't a figure skating powerhouse either.

"Good," my twin brother whispered as we stood, "let's work on our short program."

We were twins by birth but our faces don't exactly look the same, but we both loved the same sport. The way our toe picks launched us into the air, wind whistling around us was incredible. The way our blades sliced across the surface, smooth and without interruption, was irresistible. We skated differently, but appeared the same with ginger hair and green eyes. We were tall and lanky, made to be thin, but sturdy. We were the poster children for the ideal figure skating build.

I nodded and followed suit. The weather outside was colder than it usually was in winter, flakes of snow fluttering to the ground even this early in the season. I slid over to the stereo system, changing the disks quickly as Alfie brought over my water bottle.

We had no coach- taking ballet for a while before dropping it -watching other skaters' routines and copying them. It was slow going, progress only marked by new bruises and sore muscles. It had paid off. They were nearing professional levels of skill now.

The music started, slow and soft. Alfie moved away from me as he pushed his skates across the ice. There was a piano melody, driving his movements from something neutral to that of a playboy.

This piece was about a lover, trying to get his partner's affection by showing off. The partner refuses every time, ignoring the many items he gives them.

As Alfie moved, I could picture the love sick man, producing gifts of different values to prove his love. The music changed its tempo, the strings overpowering the piano in a surging wave of sound. I swept in from the outer corners of the ice, breaking into a step sequence followed by a cleanly executed triple toe loop. The landing transitioned into a spread eagle, feet and hips turned outward to flip both blades out perfectly.

I circled my brother, pulling faces to make him laugh. It was a tradition. He had to keep up the persona he was skating as, although the expressions I put on got stranger every time. Alfie moved with me so easily, piano and strings, lover and partner, brother and brother, so in time our dances fit together like a puzzle.

The end of the song came and we fell into an ending pose, gasping for breath. Clapping resounded from across the rink. Two girls, standing side by side, had their iPhones held in front of them.

"This'll make a great YouTube video," one said, grinning.

"Sadie and Samantha Smith, how dare you!" I shouted.

"Uh-oh! Big bro is mad!" cried Sam, pulling Sadie along behind her. I tore after them, a big grin on my face.

Things like this had become a normal occurrence over the years, younger sisters sneaking into practices to videotape us on occasion for the heck of it. What was new, however, was an attempt of uploading them.

Once I had gotten hold of both girls, the video had already uploaded. I grabbed hold of the device and stared at the screen in disbelief. "H-Hey, Alfie, please come and discipline the girls," I called to my older twin. I think I'm going to die.

He came over, a slight smile gracing his lips, dropping as his face reddened. "Yes, dear brother?"

"Have fun chasing the girls."

*

The crowds awaited the next performance, the anticipation to win the 2015 World Grand Prix rode on every skater's shoulders. The finals for pair skating was about to begin. Both twin brothers bounced on the balls of their feet, ginger hair slicked back.

Their costumes were simple, black leggings which kept on riding up in all the wrong places. The tops were grey, shoulders decorated like flames were dancing on their backs. They were ready to skate, skates covered for the sake of cosmetics.

A boy a few years older than the twins stood a few metres away, his body shaking slightly. Sam tapped Alfie's shoulder. "Hey, isn't that the Japanese ice skater?" He whispered.

Alfie nodded, a sad look grazing his eyes at the ebony haired boy, who had come last in his competition. "He failed during his last performance."

"Next up: Sam and Alfie Smith" the loudspeaker boomed, the sound resonating in Sam's bones and setting butterflies in his stomach. He clutched Alfie's hand, scared out his mind. His brother squeezed back and walked his brother into the rink.

The ice felt cold underneath their skates, the crowd clapping loudly. "These two boys come from London, England. They've won two cups consecutively and are quickly becoming heartthrobs, making history as the first same sex skating pair to compete." The two boys came to the middle of the ice, intertwining their arms, bringing their heads together so their foreheads touched.

The music started and, the boys knowing each note so well they could play it themselves, fell into the routine easily. Again, Alfie started off, slow and graceful. He oozed sex appeal, movements measured and smooth, telling the story that Sam was more than used to performing alongside.

Yuuri was star-struck. Here were two boys, younger than him and skating for far fewer years, performing far better than he ever had. He gripped the railing, entranced by the performance.

Sam had been moving as a sort of background dancer for a bit, syncing up for small portions before taking over. The music changed dramatically. He began to erotically move his body, twisting and turning like he was showing off exactly what he could do while in the throes of passion. He winked at his brother as they moved in sync. Their two dances came together like a puzzle. It created the whole story, the lover, the unresponsive partner, and the love they shared between them.

The music stopped, the crowd burst into applause. It was positively thunderous, but their score would decide their placement more than the audience's support. The two boys breathed heavily, exhausted by the energy they had to expend into that performance.

They waved at the audience, grinning and panting, unaware of the attention they had attracted. Three pairs of eyes were fixed on the duo, three people set on changing the twins' lives. Well, at least one of them.

Bello^^

Thanks to NekoAisu who has agreed to edit my story! Thank you! So what do you guys think? Vote comment!

Ja ne

~Charlie-chan